Calories burnt wearing a costume??

Options
I wore an Easter bunny costume today for an hour. Five minutes after wearing the costume I started sweating. Does anyone know how many calories I might of burnt just from wearing a costume? I took the costume off and was drenched in sweat. Please, someone help! How would I add it to my diary? Anyone?

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I wore an Easter bunny costume today for an hour. Five minutes after wearing the costume I started sweating. Does anyone know how many calories I might of burnt just from wearing a costume? I took the costume off and was drenched in sweat. Please, someone help! How would I add it to my diary? Anyone?

If sweat equaled calories I'd already be skinny. There's no relationship, it just means you have an efficient cooling system.

Dare I ask what you were doing while wearing the costume or would that be TMI?:smile:
  • MrsInmon
    MrsInmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Dare I ask what you were doing while wearing the costume or would that be TMI?:smile:

I work at a preschool, our Egg Hunt was today.

So, I sweat but no calories were burnt?! How upsetting
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Maybe ask this in a furry forum, they might be better suited to answer
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

I work at a preschool, our Egg Hunt was today.

So, I sweat but no calories were burnt?! How upsetting

Sorry, just the calories running around with the kids but perspiring heavily doesn't add to that and chances are any water weight you may have lost was recovered when you drank some liquids.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Maybe ask this in a furry forum, they might be better suited to answer

ba dum dum CHING!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

You don't add anything, because there is nothing to add.

Sweating does not equate to calorie burn.

If you really want to add to your exercise diary, you need to do some aerobic stuff or weights, then it is justified, but wearing a costume - whether you sweat in it or not - equals no more calories burned than you would have if you were just milling about.