Suggestions for salad dressings please.

Options
2»

Replies

• gellolicious
    Options
    I use various flavored aged balsamic vinegars. There's an olive oil and vinegar store near me that has all sorts of amazing flavors, there's even a dark chocolate balsamic that I put on strawberries or vanilla ice cream.
  • jeannette120
    jeannette120 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Newman's Light Balsamic Vinaigrette. 2 Tablespoons are only 45 calories. Yummy!!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    vinegar and a spritz of lemon!!!!!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    lowfat spinach dip
    10 ounces fresh baby spinach, steamed until wilted
    1 cup plain fat-free yogurt, drained of excess water
    4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1 tbsp fresh lemon juice

Preparation:
    Place wilted spinach in a colander and squeeze out excess water. Chop finely and place in a medium bowl. Stir yogurt and cream cheese together until smooth. Add to spinach. Stir in remaining ingredients and blend thoroughly. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Makes about 2 cups.

Per serving (1/4 cup): Calories 55, Calories from Fat 11, Total Fat 1.3g (sat 0.7g), Cholesterol 3mg, Sodium 186mg, Carbohydrate 4.7g, Fiber 1.1g, Protein 6.2g

http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/appetizersandsnacks/r/lofatspindip.htm

It's yummy.. I love this site.. also www.livestrong.com has great recipes that are lowfat too..
  • missprincessjenny
    missprincessjenny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am a firm believer in the need for healthy fat in moderation. So I use either half a tbsp of olive oil or melted coconut oil. Half a tbsp of balsamic vinegear. It's quick and easy. If it's just a small salad for myself I decrease the amounts.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Great ideas on the homemade! I am going to have to try these! As far as store bought my all time fave is "Maries Greek Vinergrette". It's awesome!
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse dressings are AMAZING!!! Tasty, low in calories as well as sugar and sodium. Even my husband (who is NOT dieting) enjoys them.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I just put lemon juice on my salads now.. or salsa. Salsa is SUCH a good dressing sub! :)
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *bumping for ideas*
  • MrsInmon
    MrsInmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just put lemon juice on my salads now.. or salsa. Salsa is SUCH a good dressing sub! :)

I enjoy lime in my salad.
  • elastar33
    Options
    My favorite is Ken's Light Northern Italian With Basil and Romano, 2 Tablespoons is 45 calories, and I usually only use about one tablespoon. I can't tell at all that its "light" in the taste, and I love the little bit of cheese flavor!
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms Raspberry Vinaigrette is 15 calories per tablespoon and their (Light?) Parmesan Caesar Dressing is only 25 calories per tablespoon. I'm sure their other dressings are low calorie and just as tasty but those are the only two I've had recently. Salsa can make a good salad dressing, lemon juice can too.
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    galeo's miso cesar! 40 calories for 2 TBSP and it's so good!
  • laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wow, Thanks so much for all the great ideas. I am looking forward to trying these!
  • Breezedew
    Breezedew Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites for a mexican chicken salad is from Que Pasa, one of my favorite places to eat.

The salad is:

tortilla chips ( I used baked) topped with a tablespoon or two of non-fat refried beans
    chicken strips seasoned lightly with All-Season's seasonings
    lots of lettuce
    Mexican crumbled cheese or shredded jack cheese
    salsa (optional)

Dressing:

1 Tbs Olive Oil
    1 Tbs Lime juice
    2 Teaspoons juice from the jar of Jalapenos

I don't know the calories of the dressing but I love to have this for a dinner meal. Yummy! For some reason the flavor is perfect for me. and I never really measure the dressing. Just a splash of EVOO, squeeze a half lime and a splash of jalapeno juice. A little dressing goes a long way!
  • boinkers
    boinkers Posts: 11 Member
    Options

This! Salsa is the best!