Just wanna feel better bout my self

Options
Hello everyone,
Just a bit bout my self.. I'm 33 years old and have 2 handsome boys 13 and 7.. Gosh to b fit n look better n feel better bout my self. Its been a long time since I felt that way.. My wonderful sister got me on this site.. AND I LOVE IT!! I'm glad I wasn't keeping track of what I was eating before lol oh man i eat like a bit under 1200cals a day n I know i must have been eating like 5000+ cals a day before lol ouch!!! wayy over that... Well now I'm makin a change!! Good luck everyone on ur weight loss n toning.. WooHoo you all can do ittt!!! Shev~

Replies

• jeeping_mom
    Options
    Sound a little like me - 33, 2 kids, and while I'm not obese, I'm just not happy with myself. And yeah, going from not tracking to seeing what you were eating - ew.

Check out some things you used to eat at restaurants... it made me cringe when I realized what I was doing. No wonder the pants got a little tight! lol
  • marci423
    marci423 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It is amazing what tracking our foods tell us ................ mine was way over what it should have been and now I struggle to get in enough good stuff :o)

good luck!
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I actually undereat in calories but am making changes in that area also. feel free to add me and Good luck
  • itssea
    itssea Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. The tracking has really helped me stay on track. Good luck on your journey.
  • ashlee2012
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I don't have kids (yet...that's part of the reason I'm trying to lose my 100+ pounds) but I can definitely relate about wanting to feel better about the way that I look, and also just to feel better! Good luck to you, feel free to connect if you need a little extra support
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Tracking food is real eye-opener. It is amazing to me how much better I feel since I've been eating less and doing more. Intellectually you know that's the case but to actually do it and see the results. GREAT!

Welcome to the MFP community. Lot's of support here. Have fun.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And I wish you well. Before I started with MFP I had no idea of how many calories I would consume every day. It sure does keep you aware as it's so easy to eat thousands!
  • shinulya
    shinulya Posts: 7
    Options
    My first big tracking realisation was that I was getting through 500 calories a day in cups of milky tea!
  • Tashita21
    Tashita21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! Good LUCK!!!
  • muppy79
    muppy79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also 33 with 2 kids...It's time to get my sexy back!!!:wink:
  • Rpaddock
    Rpaddock Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have been on MFP for about 4 weeks. Like so many others I had no idea I ate so many calories!! It sure makes you double think on what one will have for lunch/dinner. I have lost a total of 7 lbs and Inch on my waist and hips. I broke my weight lost into 3 phases or goals to keep it small and make me feel like I can reach my goal a lot faster. In toal I need to lose 67lbs - 60 now.

Good luck to everyone!
  • LadyVenom69
    LadyVenom69 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Before today I really didn`t want to know how many calories I was eating..I think I probably would have fainted if I knew. Fast food and pregnancy is a bad combination.

I`m almost 32 and a stay at home mom now. Time to get into shape :)

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • gigieatss
    gigieatss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's true, EVERYONE CAN DO IT - it just takes dedication! But everyone should be dedicated to their health! Without your health, you have NOTHING!

http://youtu.be/5d4W4szaFwY
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude and that is half the battle. To me, weight loss and fitness is 80% or more mental. The rest is just mechanics. You can do this!
  • Tashita21
    Tashita21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know how you all feel!
  • ShevelleBurr
    Options
    Thanks everyone =) Yea im so happy to b here *takes a bow* Its awesome!! Add me as a friend lets keep each other accountable yayyyy
  • barlowt06
    Options
    I understand totally. I just got introduced to the site a couple of days ago. I would love to feel better about myself too. I really want my wife to look at me that special way...as she used to...Wish me luck!!!
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Just a bit bout my self.. I'm 33 years old and have 2 handsome boys 13 and 7.. Gosh to b fit n look better n feel better bout my self. Its been a long time since I felt that way.. My wonderful sister got me on this site.. AND I LOVE IT!! I'm glad I wasn't keeping track of what I was eating before lol oh man i eat like a bit under 1200cals a day n I know i must have been eating like 5000+ cals a day before lol ouch!!! wayy over that... Well now I'm makin a change!! Good luck everyone on ur weight loss n toning.. WooHoo you all can do ittt!!! Shev~

Well welcome to you, and what a great sister you have. You seem super motivated already!!! All the Best!
  • Kizzyb1
    Kizzyb1 Posts: 1
    Options
    oops
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Good for you...it will be good for your kids too. You will have moe energy. I love this site....it's a life saver