Hello Everyone!! :)

Options
I just stumbled across this site, and it looks so great! I'm so glad I found it. I'm a 26 yr old SAHM (for the time being) in Michigan. I have two kids, boy and girl..6 and 5 yrs old. I am currently looking for a part time job, but it's very very hard to find anything. I also am attending a community college full time, right now just taking pre reqs to get into the nursing classes. I might take some CNA classes in the near future so that it's easier to get a job that I will actually like while I get my nursing degree.

I am soo ready to change my life..I've already begun making changes in other aspects..now it's time for the most important one of all. I have about 168 lbs to lose...just typing that out is hard enough! I'm excited about this site because it looks as though there are LOTS of places to go for support and that is just what I need. Anyone out there need a buddy with about the same to lose??

Good luck to everyone!!

~Alayla

Replies

• Saudimom
    Saudimom Posts: 136
    Options
    Hi....You will find so much support I joined 5 days ago and just love it..I was a short time member of WW I live overseas so this is perfect for me! Just when you have time read the message boards you get some really good information..And say Hello to the newcomers as well..That's always nice...Best of Luck!!!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard ... and good luck on your weight loss journey ..... this is an awesome site
  • nobleps
    nobleps Posts: 95
    Options
    Hello and Welcome :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
    MFP is the greatest diet aid tool I have ever found. :heart: :smooched: If I had to write all this stuff down....well..you know- I haven't got the time, much less remember. :noway: Keep yourself accountable. Look up calories in foods your not sure about. Processed sugars and HFCS high fructose syrup are bad! :explode: Stay away from fast foods unless you know how many calories and what kind are in them. This is really about changing your life and way you eat forever. :wink: Grabbing food for comfort or boredom is no longer an option! :noway: You must be aware of what, when and where you are eating. :bigsmile: :huh: :bigsmile:
    Been there and done it for 25 years of gaining weight! :frown:
    So get started! Get psyhced! Get pumped! Grab your water bottles for plenty of filling/flushing H2O!
    We can do it!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • didi9996
    didi9996 Posts: 10
    Options
    I was standing at the bus stop this morning talking to another mother who I hadn't seen since summer started and noticed she lost sooo much weight. She pointed me to this great site. I think its just what I need to get motivated. I remarried a wonderful man 2 years ago and his daughter asked me to help her loose weight. I helped her loose 35 lbs and now she is happy and started her first day of highschool looking fantastic! but me I gained 35 plus lbs since coming here. lol I am a very busy Mom with two stepchildren who have needed alot of care since coming and two daughters of my own. I think it time for me to take care of myself and get myself to a healthy weight! Wish me luck please!!

Diane
  • Alayla
    Alayla Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow, I'm surprised by all the responses already! Thank you everyone so much!
  • Alayla
    Options
    Good luck to you!!! I know we can do this :)
  • Saudimom
    Saudimom Posts: 136
    Options
    Isn't it Great!!!!!:wink:
  • carrieb77
    carrieb77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I just completed my RN in November, so we have a little something i common. Good luck with everything.
  • Alayla
    Options
    Welcome. I just completed my RN in November, so we have a little something i common. Good luck with everything.

That's great! Congratulations!!!:drinker: I have to say, I'm jealous though haha. I wish I was done and can't wait till I am, it's definitely not easy, but well worth it and I have to say the same for losing weight!