HELP...............IN NEED OF INSPIRATION ASAP...

Options
hey !! BADLY NEED SOME HELP AND MOTIVATION! Ive lost 14kgs so far and only have 3kgs to go but ive stalled on 67kgs now for nearly 8months !! I keep having good weeks like last week and then bad weeks like this one, its wed and i still havent worked out this week. I have lost my motivation and feel i may never get there. Yet another summer approaching and i feel i will never feel comfortable on the beach !! Also can ANYONE please give me some ideas on how to loose weight guaranteed from thighs and hips. I have tried literally EVERYTHING !!!

Replies

• megg0616
    megg0616 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Jillian Michaels ripped in 30. I'm doing it and I can feel it in my thighs. Also try to find someone that can talk you into working out. If you need a buddy to help you along I would gladly help you. Feel free to add me. Tell everybody about your weight loss goals it may help to motivate you to workout because everyone will be asking you about the weightloss journey. Hope this helps :)
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I can relate to your frustration. I dieted, starting in January this year. I have just this week finally lost eight lbs. I wish there was a magic pill you could take or something that i could say that would help. I know of no guaranteed method of loosing in a specific area except maybe exercising those areas.

It is very hard to stay motivated to continue but if you do continue and you are honest with yourself and with your diet, you will eventually do what you set out to do. You will really reach your goal.

Are you completing your food journal every day?
    Are you drinking all the water you are supposed to be drinking?
    Are you getting in some kind of exercise every day?
    Are you friends with people who are willing to continue to help motivate you? If not, ask for some motivating friends.
    Have you looked into any specific groups on this site that might help you with your needs?

I seem to have all the questions which really leaves you with all the answers which is the way it is in life anyway isn't it?
    I will be happy to friend you and maybe we could motivate each other.
  • deetra
    deetra Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ye cool ill try that by adding people and they may encourage me ! No havent tried it ripped in 30 but will defo look into it ! ye i tink i would be more motivated if i thought people were gona see how lazy ive been !! i wil try add u now ! thanks
  • violetsue
    violetsue Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight you have lost and for exercising.
    It is hard to stay on tract. I think it is harder to stay motivated now that I am maintaining than it was when I was loosing . After seeing Paul Mckenna on Dr. Oz, for fun I read his "I can Make You Thin" and listened to his hypnosis CD. I find it's easy and it does work. If nothing else, the CD is very relaxing just before bed.
  • PeggyWoodson
    Options
    Every single person on this site is exactly like you. They aren't happy with their weight. Some want to weigh more, Some want to weigh less. We are all in the same boat. I am not able to do the Jillian Michaels program. I need a low impact program. My bones break way too easily. So I ordered a Leslie Sansone DVD and am able to do that. I'm 63. I burn over 300 calories in 25 minutes of the Walk With Me DVD. You have to start where you can start and go from there.
  • deetra
    Options
    Thanks for your advise, i am an all or nothing person and so when im on it, im on it and i will work out like a mad women, but then i hit a slump like this week. Before xmas i was 65 and was delighted that i only had 2kgs to go but ever since xmas i put on 3kgs and without going into detail it wasnt overeating food that made me gain weight. I ended up with a lot of water retention and since then i have found it impossible to loose the extra weight ive gained and get down to my goal of 64kgs. I know there is no quick fix solution but i am just trying to see if anyone has any other ideas or tips that may help me to reach my goal ...........something that i can stick to.
  • CarrieDickerman
    Options
    Deetra, I'm new to this site but have found inspiration in friends, in other words, I am much more motivated to work out and eat right if I have a friend to do it with. Being responsible to meet with someone to exercise with, makes me responsible to myself. I find the best exercises for thighs and hips are the oldies you hate the most. If you have an iPad download the Perfect Body App. Recording what I eat makes me think twice about what I put in my mouth. Motivational tapes help if you don't have a friend to keep you on tract, remember not to starve yourself (avoid resetting your metabolism), research foods that increase your metabolism. You've probably heard all of this before, good luck and don't forget to thank yourself for being so thin. Positive thoughts and actions work more than we realize.
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I can relate to your frustration. I dieted, starting in January this year. I have just this week finally lost eight lbs. I wish there was a magic pill you could take or something that i could say that would help. I know of no guaranteed method of loosing in a specific area except maybe exercising those areas.

It is very hard to stay motivated to continue but if you do continue and you are honest with yourself and with your diet, you will eventually do what you set out to do. You will really reach your goal.

Are you friends with people who are willing to continue to help motivate you? If not, ask for some motivating friends.
    Have you looked into any specific groups on this site that might help you with your needs?

I seem to have all the questions which really leaves you with all the answers which is the way it is in life anyway isn't it?

Peggy has been such an inspiration to me so that's a great add! Feel free to add me too! With the right motivation we can all do this!!
  • PeggyWoodson
    Options

Peggy has been such an inspiration to me so that's a great add! Feel free to add me too! With the right motivation we can all do this!!
    You have no clue how much you have helped me to elishabeish.
  • deetra
    Options
    thanks hunni, ur last comment there about reminding myself to say thanks for being thin has really brought a smile to myself. i have tried everything and all types of exercise and nothing seems to shifts my thighs (they are the bain of my life) my poor fiancee tells me they are strong and firm but thats not enough for me. I aim to do an uphill walk with a downhill run 3/4 times a week and then i also do the jennifer ellison fat blaster dvd 3 or 4 times a week but nothing seems to change............ah !
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have said this before. I really really HATE what the scales can do to people.

By the way - you look GREAT (what an amazing figure was my first thought and then OMG I wish I had a figure like that!)
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    If you want a good workout for your butt, hips and thighs try brazil butt lift. Don't get yourself down, everyone gets stuck once in a while. I like to mix things up and do different things for workouts, otherwise I would get bored. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • deetra
    Options
    thanks so much for your lovely comment, i no i do not want to loose as much as some people i only ave 3 kilos to go but each to their own and all i wish is that i could loose my thighs and feel confident in a pair of shorts or a skirt thats a bit above the knee, im only young and i no i should be enjoying myself and not panicking over my body but its a huge issue that ive always had and i just cant stop obsessing over my legs !!