Stomach Cramps

Options
jgerbe2
jgerbe2 Posts: 57 Member
I was unsure where to post this so here it is. For the last 4 days I have been experiencing stomach cramps. I have a constant feeling of kind of gassy, diarrhea and then once in a while a get a cramppy feeling. It is mainly in the middle below the center of my ribs but above my belly button. Does anyone have any advice on what it might be or how to help it? I try gas pills and antacids butthey don't seem to help.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Have you changed what you eat? Increasing fiber or decreasing water intake can cause digestive tract discomfort. If you recently switched to 100% whole wheat breads, or started eating more vegetables and fruits, that could be it.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Could be the flax seed!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Try some Gas-X. If that doesn't help, then I'd see your doctor.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Are you logging every thing you are eating (I mean I saw there were some empty days), but those that are full is that your total intake? Cause there were a lot of days when you were quite a lot under your cals, and also a few days where your had mostly shakes with only 1 meal of "real" food. I know this is something you do if you are on a shake diet, but I can't imagine a mostly liquid diet would feel that great going through the body, so maybe that's where the cramps and icky diarrhea feeling are coming from...other wise, if the flax seed are newish to your diet, or you have upped the amount it could be those as they have a natural laxative effect.

Generally I'd say really look at your foods, and what you have changed recently cause it sounds like something is just not agreeing with you (I get similar problems when I drink full fat milk, its too rich for me and I get exactly those symptoms, how ever lower fat milks are fine) If it gets really bad though, or you can't figure it out, see a Dr, it could be a food allergy or intolerance and you may need to get tested.

GL!
  • jgerbe2
    jgerbe2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The recent days that have been not entered or low on calories were due to a combination of being out of town and then the stomach thing. I was initially thinking that I was just getting the flu and tried not to put too much in my stomach for fear of uncomfortably expending it. As far as the shakes and flaxseed I have been doing this since the end of February so not quite sure why it would start affecting me now. Maybe I will switch to my oatmeal shake for in the morning and try having something with high protein for lunch to get more "real" food. Although I do need to say that my shakes include natural peanut butter, bananas, or blueberries and 1% milk depending on my mood.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I am trying to avoid the doctor if at all possible, but if it doesn't go away in the next couple of days I may have to give in.