Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    bump for Kristin
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    If you like spicy, and aren't afraid of some fat in your food, here's my favorite thing to do.

One whole chicken, cut into parts
    about two tablespoons red curry paste "Thai Kitchen" brand is a good one.
    One can coconut milk ((light works just fine)

Low heat overnight or 6 hours.

Serve with rice (bonus: you can use your rice cooker, too) and steamed brocolli or other veg.

Yummy!!!!!! bumping for later...:flowerforyou:
  • astridfeline
    Options
    icandoit.......are you SURE you cook that roast for 24 hours???? I cook my pot roast in the crockpot all the time and it only takes 6-8 hrs!

perhaps it's 24 hours for shredding, but if you want to slice it, cook 6-8 hrs?
  • astridfeline
    Options
    If you like spicy, and aren't afraid of some fat in your food, here's my favorite thing to do.

One whole chicken, cut into parts
    about two tablespoons red curry paste "Thai Kitchen" brand is a good one.
    One can coconut milk ((light works just fine)

Low heat overnight or 6 hours.

Serve with rice (bonus: you can use your rice cooker, too) and steamed brocolli or other veg.

Yummy!!!!!! bumping for later...:flowerforyou:

:laugh: I went right to the store to get the ingredients--I'm eating my yummy dinner now. I cooked it on high for 3 1/2 hours and finished it off with lime juice--it's really good! :tongue:
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe on-line. There are so many easy crock pot recipes online. I absolutely love my cooker!!

Beach Boy Pot Roast

1 beef roast (chuck, top round)
    1 jar pepperoncini peppers
    3-5 garlic

Cut slits in pot roast. Slice garlic into largish slivers. Insert garlic into slivers. Place roast into crock pot. Dump peppers and their juice on top of roast. Cook on low at least 12 hours.
    (I find that 12 hours in the cooker will make any roast fork shred tender)

Now, this is supposed to be served on crusty rolls. When I'm trying to cut calories, I would serve with veg and salad and skip the hoagie. In fact, I'm going to experiment with putting some roasting veg in the crock pot with the meat.