128 g protein

Options
Is that normal, I'm trying to follow the 40/30/30 plan and the protein just seems so high..anyone?

Replies

• albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 200, so sounds good to me!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    sounds about right.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Is that normal, I'm trying to follow the 40/30/30 plan and the protein just seems so high..anyone?

The "40/30/30 plan" means that 40% of your calories come from carbs, 30% from protein, and 30% from fat. So you need to know those percentages. Just knowing the raw number of grams of protein you're eating doesn't tell you anything about whether you're on track with your 40/30/30.

There are other sites that allow you to track these percentages as you track your food intake. That's why I use www.fitday.com rather than MFP for that purpose. It shows your current percentages every time you enter a new food item into your daily diary. Like this:

FitDayPrintoutPieChart.png

I'm not really trying for 40/30/30, but I'm fairly close over the last four weeks. Just a tad high on carbs, though.
  • igoharder92
    Options
    oh okay! its just i also heard eat 1/2 protein of what you weigh like i weigh 160 so id eat 80... but i'm lifting so im assuming the other one is better
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    oh okay! its just i also heard eat 1/2 protein of what you weigh like i weigh 160 so id eat 80... but i'm lifting so im assuming the other one is better

Good rule of thumb, but not very useful. For instance, I weigh about 205. So for me that would be 102.5g of protein per day, which wouldn't get me near a 40/30/30 ratio. I routinely eat at least 120g per day.

Just enter your food on a site like the one I showed you and get the exact numbers. Why guess when you can know exactly what your percentages are?
  • igoharder92
    Options
    very true :) thanks :)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Sounds normal, mine is almost twice that.