Hi everyone :)

Options
Hey guys, I'm brand new to the site. I've slowly been putting on weight over the years (I have a difficult time saying no to my unhealthy cravings) and I also just had my first baby 5 months ago. Pregnancy was rough on my body and I was in so much pain by the end of it that I couldn't work and just sat/laid around the house and ate. Needless to say, it made my problems worse and now I can't find into my pre-pregnancy pants.

I've finally had enough of being depressed everytime I try on pants at the store and have decided I'd like to lose at 'least' 40 pounds by my birthday in September.

I really struggle with getting active (I am not working right now) so I'm hoping that this site will help with my motivation to avoid the evil fast food that gave me by big booty in the first place.

Looking forward to sharing the journey with all of you :)

Replies

• MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and feel free to add me. I'd imagine it's hard being a SAHM, since you're tied to the house and it takes a lot of effort to get out to the gym or for a nice walk! But as you look around the site, you'll see so many people having success...it's infectious! :)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    My journey started with about a month of just reducing calories and monitoring what I ate... After I was in a bit better shape as far as weight, I WANTED to start getting a bit more active... Of course both is better. If you are committed to it, you can do it. Just reshape your thinking toward food and activity and don't get discouraged when that scale don't move quite as fast as you would like... Just keep at it and you will win in the end.
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    Welcome. You will find that this site is very helpful and supportive....we are all here for the same reason. Welcome to the journey!:smile:
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Don't worry your not the only one that has a hard time finding the motivation you need. This site is awesome, the support from friends and seeing what they are doing is a great influence. Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for friends :smile:
  • tigerbabe2
    tigerbabe2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome, am new to MFP this past wk. I had a difficult pg in 1999, had toxemia got down to 120 then due to Depo gained weight to 144, then put on meds and gained more :( Now am 163 and found out I have disc degeneration, so weight must go too much pain. My frame is too small to be over 130 :( Best of luck sweetie, feel free 2 add me
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    Hi and welcome. We are all on the same journey here....lose weight, get healthy, exercise more...all that good stuff. :) Not sure where you live, but if it's nice this time of year, try to take the little one out for a walk every day. Even if you can't or don't want to walk for very long....a 10 minute walk 3 times a day ends up doing you some good. I have an almost 22 month old son and lots of help at home from daddy and grandma. My husband and I take turns on who puts him to bed at night, so usually on the nights he puts him to bed, that's when I start my workout....I also work full time. I hope your hubby/boyfriend/significant other is a hands on dad and maybe you guys can try something like this too. I know a 5 month old is probably still on their own schedule instead of the one we want them on so this may be more difficult. Anyway....every little bit you do counts. Feel free to add me and I wish you all the best in your journey....and congrats on the baby!! :happy:
  • carapunkiedread
    carapunkiedread Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hiya! i've just started on this at the weekend...hoping to lose alot of weight by the summer...anyway feel free to add me!! :tongue: