Blog: Depression, Teaching and Weight Loss

Options
I am starting a blog of the first time on MFP. I am an overweight music teacher with depression. If you are a teacher and find that the stress of your job makes it so hard to stay on a diet I hope you'll add me as a friend and comment often. If you suffer from depression and that hurts your goals, or medication makes it so hard I hope you'll do the same. Thank you. :)

Replies

• CarolTempleton
    CarolTempleton Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I use to be a teacher, now I am a full time photographer and still deal with crying children. lol anyways Sometimes i find my self being depressed (no meds) . More so stressed, which can really effect your weight loss goals. I am trying to stay on the brighter side of things. we can do this. Don't give up.
  • imi1111
    imi1111 Posts: 14
    Options
    hi how are u? i know how it feels to be depressed and to teach. i have sjut given up teaching and am at home. i could not cope with the demands of teaching and feelign low.
    i could nt pretend to be happy and smileing all the time to the kids. i taught children aged 6 n 7.
    at the moment im at home ... but unfortunatly this not helping with my eating but i am takign it a day at a time.
    i hope all wokrs out well for u
    tc imi