Best vanilla protein shake/powder?

Options
enewsome2
enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
Hey everyone.
I've been looking into protein powders/shakes for a post-workout boost? Which vanilla ones are the best? I'm not a huge chocolate fanatic.

Also, are there some that are better for women or that women like more? I'm not trying to bulk up, just build lean muscle.

Replies

• karagon
    karagon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try Aria protein powder. It is specifically made for women and it tastes really good. I've only had it with almond milk and regular milk, but the chocolate and vanilla are really good.
  • ICanHasCookiez
    Options
    This one is kinda popular, maybe you've seen it around. Gold Standard's whey protein powder. I have it in vanilla ice cream and i mix it with milk it is sooo good. and has 24g of protein in each scoop, plus it's low in carbs and sugar[:
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I really like Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard, Vanilla Ice Cream flavor. I bought it on amazon.
  • turkeytrotter
    turkeytrotter Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I tried several and ended up with MRM Vanilla. It is a little lower in protein (18 grams per scoop) but tastes great and made with Stevia as a sweetener.

http://www.amazon.com/MRM-Natural-Whey-Vanilla-2-02-Pound/dp/B000N8M3PE/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1333589255&sr=1-1
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    This one is kinda popular, maybe you've seen it around. Gold Standard's whey protein powder. I have it in vanilla ice cream and i mix it with milk it is sooo good. and has 24g of protein in each scoop, plus it's low in carbs and sugar[:

That sounds amazing. I also looked at their other flavors. Have you tried any of them? Cake batter and Banana Creme both sound fantastic as well. :)