106lbs Lost...1 Year Later!

Options
k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
So I hit my goal of breaking into the lower side of 150lbs in the beginning of April of last year. Yes, I have kept it off! It hard to believe that it has been a year. It's even harder to believe that I let my self be so miserable with myself for so many years before fixing it. For those of you who are new to the site and to those who haven't heard from me in a while, here is my story. I posted it April 8th of last year. It's long, but it does have pictures.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/k2d4p/view/this-is-my-story-of-success-90557#comments

I am no longer in the military. I was honorably discharged in February of this year. I am very happy to be a civilian and to have a job where I can go home to my family everyday.

I never came to this site with the intention of logging every meal I eat for the rest of my life. I came to this amazing site to use it as a great tool and aide in my weight loss process. So I will not be coming here as often anymore. I highly recommend this site and am so grateful I found it. I am so much happier, healthier, and more active than I ever was before. I wish the best of luck to everyone. I completely understand the struggle and I know hard work pays off.

This is my family and me about 4 or 5 days after my son was born. This is my heaviest. (around 240lbs)

251lbs1.jpg

The pictures in my blog show how I looked the week I hit my goal. If you would like to see a current picture of me, this is me at the zoo with my older son about a month ago. (Pretty much the same as a year ago.)

154.jpg

Replies

• genablue
    genablue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    wow....you look absolutely fabulous....what a great inspiration! Congratulations.....
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I am soooo impressed! Your post sounds so happy, and content. WTG!
  • tsmoser
    tsmoser Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing!!!! You look great. U have really worked hard
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!! I have very similar goals to you, I hope to look as good as you when I get there
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am soooo impressed! Your post sounds so happy, and content. WTG!

Thank you! and content is the perfect word. I am happy and content.
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for sharing. What a great job you have done and so inspiring.
    :smile:
  • cmthorsness
    cmthorsness Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
  • mebuthalf
    mebuthalf Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look fabulous :)
  • wiblewobble
    Options
    you look fantastic! I have 40 more pounds to go and can't wait to see myself like that. I was considering a tummy tuck but seeing you I can do this without it!
  • kabloozi
    kabloozi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Good for you. You're kids will have you around longer. Great inspiration. Thanks
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic! Congratulations on your hard work and dedication. I needed to see this today - motivation has been quite low, and seeing the happiness in your current photo is inspirational. thank you.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely wonderful!
  • kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 199
    Options
    You're amazing! What an inspiration to us all. Way to go! :)
  • valenief
    valenief Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    great job you look amazing!
  • cmath81
    cmath81 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Great work and congrats on a new life.
  • callen901
    callen901 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look great! Great job!
  • theaimster30
    theaimster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congrats on meeting your goal! Your blog is very well done and I agree with you completely. You're content because you CHOOSE to be and you deserve it! Reading your blog I was reminded of this: "If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse."
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Incredible. Congratulations!
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME !! Great job !!

Please share some of your success. What did you do to loose the weight? What type of exercise? Did you do anything specific with your diet?
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Wow, you went out to the pool 4 or 5 days after your son was born?? You must be a supermom or something. I was having issues just sitting sideways on the couch after my daughter popped out, haha. Kudos!

But you look AWESOME! Like a totally different person. Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!