New to MFP! Any other hypothyroids?

Options
I would really love to have some friends on here that struggle with hypothyroidism! No one can understand the difficulty and stress of trying to lose weight while dealing with thyroid issues except those who struggle with it as well!

Replies

• mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have and have been on medicine for years. I have no problem with losing weight (56 lbs).

Make sure you have your blood monitored on a regular basis to control levels.

Nice to meet you:flowerforyou:
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I do! I am getting ready to go back for a follow up blood work. Currently meds are @ 125 mcg.
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I don't have hypothyroid, but I have several nodules I have to monitor - biopsies and ultrasounds each year. Add me if you like! :flowerforyou:
  • troublewithtrisha
    troublewithtrisha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do and have been taking 75mcg for a few years now. I have a five month old so that's the main reason I'm struggling to lose weight right now. :)
  • debbiepa
    debbiepa Posts: 45
    Options
    I was diagnosed in January; still having issues with weight and other symptoms yet. I follow up with the doctor again tomorrow. It's definately a struggle and the journey to good health is hard at times with hypothyroidism. Good luck; hang in there!!!
  • marriedwith
    marriedwith Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've had hypothyroid for over 20 years and struggle greatly to loose weight - so easy to gain - so hard to loose!. You can add me if you want a buddy. I have a lot to loose and just started MFP recently.

I'm trying to eat low glycemic foods and get out to the gym. and of course to log everything I eat!

If you search on hypothyroid in groups you can join.
    198601 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I Do too! Been on meds for over 5 years. Nice to meet you all!!!!!
  • mariannelyman
    Options
    I do! currently on 125mcg. Had gastric bypass surgery because I couldn't get regulated despite my Endocrinologist's best efforts. I've lost 96 pounds that I just couldn't lose despite diet and excersise. I'm very new to MFP but the people on here are very encouraging and motivating! I log everything that I eat and will log all my excersise.
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    me! I do! add me!
  • Araucaria29
    Araucaria29 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I do too. I was diagnosed years ago and it has always been hard for me to lose weight, but really easy to gain. I am determined to change that this year!

20156223.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LindseyD2528
    LindseyD2528 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do too. Mine was triggered by my last pregnancy. I have post pardom hypothyroidism! :( not fun but doing much better now wih meds, eating right and exercise!
  • dalmiechick45
    dalmiechick45 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi! No thyroid at all for me... had to have mine removed, you're right its a complete struggle! It made my life so much better since i found this group of do'ers folks who are trying and not giving up! If you need us we're here!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/753-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism
  • ElHombre23
    ElHombre23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm Hypo...my advice to anyone who has this is not to look at it as a negative look at it as a reason to work harder.
  • harley_rose
    harley_rose Posts: 236
    Options
    I just got on meds for my hypothyroids, I couldn't tell you what the mg is but I am taking westhryoid
  • CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have and have been on medicine for years. I have no problem with losing weight (56 lbs).

Make sure you have your blood monitored on a regular basis to control levels.

Nice to meet you:flowerforyou:

This! I no longer have a thyroid (lost it to cancer 3 years ago) so I rely totally on synthetic replacement medication to regulate it in my body and I've had NO problems losing weight. You can do this... It just takes some time to get your dosage right. :) good luck!
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I had 1/2 of my thyroid removed along with a benign tumor a year ago. I'm currently on 75mcg of Synthroid and have been able to lose weight since my levels got below 3.0. It is totally possible to lose weight once you figure out what works for you.

It is important to have a good doctor who understands not only the disease but also the struggle to lose weight.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
    198601 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My Edocrinologist told me that as long as you are on the correct dose for your body and your levels are fine then there should be no problems losing weight. With the right dose your body should function just as a person without any thhyroid problems! I blamed it for a long time, but no more :)
  • Monkeyrhea
    Monkeyrhea Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do :) I am currently on 88mcg of levothyroxine. I just started following MFP a couple of weeks ago and lost 6 pounds the first week. Please feel free to add me. I have no friends or family that deal with the same issue so it gets difficult from time to time. We can do this though!!!!