SAHM on a mission!

Options
Hello everyone! I'm a wife, and a stay-at-home-mom, well kind of. I am also a full-time student. I have 3 children, and have gained weight with each child over the past 7 years. I am determined to lose this 80 pounds. I have always been a "big girl", but I've never been this much over weight. I am currently seeking a degree in Nursing, and I've just decided I let myself go for too long. Learning more about the body and how precious each part is, and exactly how it works is quiet scary when I know how damaging being overweight is. Looking forward to meeting some people that share my goals and can help motivate me!

Replies

• LeniceH
    LeniceH Posts: 17
    Options
    HI Amanda,

Welcome! I am new to the community also, add me as a friend I would love to help keep you encouraged on your journey.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm Carissa, SAHM to 5, from Southern California. Feel free to add me if you'd like! :flowerforyou:
  • whitneybooker0515
    Options
    You know I am in it with ya girl!!! You can do it and you are doing such a great job at it now. I am proud of you!!!!
  • abcdever
    abcdever Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi Amanda,

I'm also a SAHM, but I'll be returning back to work soon and, like you, I've struggled with losing weight after having my child. I started my exercise and weight loss program on Monday and even though it's only been a few days the people on MFP have been a great source of motivation and support for me. Feel free to add me if you like. I'd love to help encourage you through your journey.
  • melissa7662
    melissa7662 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda,

I am also a stay at home mom of 3 (ages 16,14,and9).. I also have kind of let myself go and have over 100 pounds to lose.. Feel free to add me.. I would be happy to encourage and support you on our journey to a new life..
  • Petskies101
    Options
    Hi Amanda

I am also a SAHM and study full time, I have 95lbs to loose

feel free to add me if you like :)
  • amandagaines_05
    amandagaines_05 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
  • binabodu
    binabodu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM on the same mission. Feel free to add me!
  • shortstuff31117
    shortstuff31117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose baby weight from my youngest. I mostly stay home with my kids, but I work part time as an RN...feel free to add me :smile:
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    hheeeeyyyy also a sahm, but i work from too, as well as look after my 3 babies. harrys 5, ellas 3 and lola is 21 months :)

add me !! xx
  • 4stephklug
    4stephklug Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda,
    I'm a SAHM of 3, just getting started here (and starting nursing school in the fall.)
    Feel free to add me, I could use some inspiration from mommies like me :)
    Steph