INSANITY!! looking for advice and experience

Options
Hiiii Everyone! I am looking into purchasing Insanity. I really really wanna do it but i am not sure if i'm athletic enough for it i guess? I have a lot of endurance, 5k in June:) but i'm assuming that insanity is much much more insane haha. So just looking for some input from people who have done insanity before! By the way I am 20 years old and weigh 179lbs if that helps.

Replies

• snugglesworthjr
    snugglesworthjr Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It's worked really well for me thus far, so I'd recommend it. Go at your own pace, take plenty of breaks, keep at it, and you'll get fit!
  • MsMollyKing
    MsMollyKing Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I loved it! In those 60 days I only lost 6 lbs, but 26 inches. I will say that it made my joints ache a lot. But it is worth it and a great workout. Any beach body program is great, and will get you in shape. As long as you stick with it. I am doing p90x lean now.
  • lizsharlow
    Options
    I did insanity at the age of 47, it kicked my butt. My abs were marvelous when i was done. I still slide it in with P90X and jogging. It is exactly what it says INSANITY but u will love it. You'll be strong, fit and agile when you're done, and best of all u will love your body. you'll be shaking it when u walk, lol.
  • mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    I'm currently in week 3. I love it! Just gotta be careful with your knees and make sure you are keeping form. I had surgery in right knee less than a year ago but had issues with both knees my whole life. I had to take a week off due to some soreness in the knees. Now I have to modify a bit because it has some hardcore jumps in the routine that are just killer to sore kneew! LOL
    But overall its great. Im fairly active and the first week was hard endurance wise but it gets better. If you are doing 5ks I think you will be fine.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I loved it! In those 60 days I only lost 6 lbs, but 26 inches. I will say that it made my joints ache a lot. But it is worth it and a great workout. Any beach body program is great, and will get you in shape. As long as you stick with it. I am doing p90x lean now.

Wow...26 inches is a lot. I would be happy with 10 lbs, but if I lose 26 inches, would it matter? lol
  • SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've done it 3 times, and then I did Asylum. It's hard, but you get better and better at it, and more endurance! Every workout gets a little more improvement! Feel free to friend me if you need a coach! I'll be happy to help you, it's one of my favorite programs, and I had great results!
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    I'm on day two. It's a different kind of hard (I run also). My heart rate is through the roof and there are things I definitely can't do, but I think within 30 days (first round) I'll be able to conquer a lot more. It's doable though- just take your time and do what you can. It's funny I was worried about being able to train for a half marathon and do this (as far as getting in my short runs) but I see I had no need to worry- no need to short runs. You are running in place (or some version of crazy cardio) for a good portion of it. My cardio level and strength level are gonna go crazy! It's worth it- do it
  • RicSnyder
    RicSnyder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It's a lot of fun and sweating. Where ever you are fittness-wise, doing Insanity will improve it. We just started a close FB 90 Day Challenge Group on April 2nd for people doing Beachbody programs. If you are interested in joining, let me know and I will get information.
  • JOEYJACKMOM
    Options
    I am not athletic or coordinated at all and I am doing it. There aren't any moves I can't do; it is just a struggle with endurance and sore muscles from being so out-of-shape. I am going at my own pace and am thinking that I will stretch it out to 90 days instead of 60.
  • AKartes11
    AKartes11 Posts: 30
    Options
    Aww did I make you want to get it lol!!! It's amazing!!! But you should definitely look into getting the results and recovery formula as well because it makes a world of difference on your muscles! And always be light on your feet during the workouts because I have landed funny many times, from the jumping, and thank goodness have yet to sprain my ankle! You also HAVE to go at your own pace, I tried a couple times to keep up with the people on the video and almost passed out! But you still have to push yourself! And... Get a heart monitor if you don't have one! They will let you know when you have pushed yourself too hard!
    Anyways, I'm only in week 3 and have only lost two lbs but have already gone down almost 2 jean sizes! I'm back into my 27s even though they are a little tight! So if you think you can do it... DO IT!!! But you have to stick with it, I have days where I just want to lay in bed, but I take my 5 hour energy and get it done!! Good luck!!
  • realwombat
    realwombat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing week 2 of insanity and TOTALLY LOVE IT!!!!! If heart-pumping, sweat-drenching cardio is your thing, you just can't go past insanity. My endurance and cardiovascular fitness have improved enormously in only the two weeks, and even though my weight loss has continued at about the same pace as before Insanity (2-3 pounds/wk), I am developing a lot of muscle where I though none were before :-P.

You get conditioned to the routine in about a week, and then it is just hard. The second month mixes thing around, so you can't get too comfortable with the program.

Awesome, in a word!

M
  • caitwinmary
    Options
    hahahaa yeahh i wanna do it so bad, but all of this feed back really helped so i think my next purchase will definitely be insanity :)