Trying to gain weight, Any advice?

Options
I'm trying to gain some weight. I'm really thin. I just want to gain maybe 10-12 pounds. I'm would;d love if anyone have any advice. Thanks

Replies

• albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    lift, eat, repeat
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Well, I certainly don't envy you, people can be as tough, or tougher on folks that are too thin than folks that are too heavy. Having said that, I think the best advice would come from your doctor, because he/she can check you out, evaluate you, and give you a healthy and solid eating plan.

Good Luck to you!
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I should be able to tell you what to do as I am an expert at gaining weight. I would also be the worst person to follow advice from. My weight gain is all fat. You need to gain in healthy muscle! I would think increasing your calories and lifting weights would help but am not sure! Good Luck!
  • ashleydshaffer
    Options
    Lots of protein and strength training!
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh now this is something I can give advice on(:

Eat lots of pastries,cakes,muffins,bread, lots of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches,
    Heavy meals like mashed potatoes with full milk and maybe a hamburger.. Lol
    Ummm ice cream, some avocado, Anything like that..

Preferably, eat healthy just double the portion you would normally have. Have two scoops of mashed potatoes
    And beef instead of one.

Lift weights(:
    Good luck
  • superstankazz
    Options
    Well, I can tell you how I gained weight......just load up on a daily diet of carbs and sugar!
    I had a friend that wanted to gain weight because the air force wouldn't let her join due to BMI being too low for her height and the recruiter told her to drink 3 milkshakes each day made of ice cream and baby formula in addition to her regular meals. Sounds weird and kinda gross but it works:smile:
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Gaining weight intentionally is difficult.
    And although it's even harder to do it without upping your fat and sugar content higher than it should be, I highly recommend trying to gain weight the harder way with healthy foods -- otherwise you may be back here trying to lose weight in a few years. :angry:
    I'm probably not the best person to make suggestions on this, but I'd recommend increasing portion sizes -- mostly protein and complex carbohydrates, a reasonable percentage of fat.
    Good luck!
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    I can give you the last 10lbs I have to lose....that way it will be a win win solution :p

Just start dipping your vegetables in peanut butter/almond butter and incorporate more high calorie fats to your diet and that should help. Also, if you do a lot of cardio I would try to reduce it a little as well :)
  • badapdos
    badapdos Posts: 132
    Options
    Lots of protein shakes after lifting weights! I also recommend those fruit drinks that are like 500 calories, I don't remember what they're called, but you can definitely search them up.
  • dekonkol
    dekonkol Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    quit your job, lay on the couch, watch TV and surf the interne, and pile on sweet/fat laden foods. That should do it!
  • txcraftr
    txcraftr Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My foot doctor (who is a little bitty guy) says he has trouble keeping weight on. He said he eats lots of healthy but high calorie foods, like nuts and nut butters and fruit,also lots of full fat yogurt with the works, fruit,sugar, etc. to keep his weight on. Alsoeats lots of olive oil.
  • smatson86
    Options
    I would try an all natural whey protein. I use a ISAPRO. It is a level 7 protein from new Zealand. It is also undenatured, and AMAZING!! I have lots of fitness trainers and body builders who use it. It has 19grams of the world's best protein in it! My girlfriend who just got married started using it 1.5months ago. She is 5'4 and weighed 101 lbs. She is now 117lbs!! She is so happy!!!
  • tgzerozone
    tgzerozone Posts: 160
    Options
    lift, eat, repeat

Lift, eat, rest, repeat. hehe.

Work out your maintenance calories, eat about 300-500 more (eat back exercise cals) and do the above.