So how long...

Options
How long did it take for people to really notice your weight loss and hard efforts? I'm really interested to know everyone's experiences. :)

Even with the change below, no one has really said anything aside from the MFP Community.

april4edited.jpg

fla-gators.jpg

GO GATORS!!! ;)

Replies

• Jenn_10
    Jenn_10 Posts: 83
    Options
    you look amazing ! I cant believe no one has noticed

and I completely agree GO GATORS :D
  • gatorgirlyyy
    Options
    you look amazing ! I cant believe no one has noticed

and I completely agree GO GATORS :D

Thanks and that's my team. <3
  • amandager
    amandager Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I found something on Pinterest that helped kee me going in the beginning. It said something about taking 4 weeks for you to notice, 8 weeks for friends and family and 12 weeks for everyone else. It was right about 10 weeks for me when co workers and the "everyone else" started.
  • gatorgirlyyy
    Options
    I found something on Pinterest that helped kee me going in the beginning. It said something about taking 4 weeks for you to notice, 8 weeks for friends and family and 12 weeks for everyone else. It was right about 10 weeks for me when co workers and the "everyone else" started.

That's good to know. I'll keep that in mind... they will eventually notice. :)
  • Babybirdganz
    Babybirdganz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I can SO tell!
    And it took about 2 months for my classmates to notice.
  • kludgood
    kludgood Posts: 172
    Options
    I can definately tell. maybe they can tell but just don't want to bring it up lol. I've lost almost 50 lbs and only a few ppl have been like omg you lost weight. Others only mention if i say oh I have to go work out blah blah then they will be like yeah I can tell you've been working out. Some people just don't want to mention it for fear of saying the wrong thing. :)
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker who does the opposite, she makes a big deal about it all the time which frustrates me even more.... shut up! This is not about you it is about me. I mind my own business why can't others mind their own business.\\

Even though she means it as a compliment because she says it so often it has no value to me at all. Does that make sense? Besides I stopped caring what others think along time ago.... if you mean something to me then your opinion matters if you don't well...... whatever.

And yes you can tell that you have lost keep up the good work and enjoy the journey!
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    About 3 weeks...but I was glowing from all the inches I've lost. :drinker:
  • gatorgirlyyy
    Options
    I can definately tell. maybe they can tell but just don't want to bring it up lol. I've lost almost 50 lbs and only a few ppl have been like omg you lost weight. Others only mention if i say oh I have to go work out blah blah then they will be like yeah I can tell you've been working out. Some people just don't want to mention it for fear of saying the wrong thing. :)

Yeah, true. They may think if they say it they're insinuating I was fat before... obviously, but I understand. Lol
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Ur serious? That is major, I think they are just jealous. I went from 174 to 148 b4 anyone said anything to me and the first one that did was my 88 yr old mother in law! Sometimes people just are jealous, sometimes oblivious and sometimes just don't care. Its a huge difference, be proud!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Wow-I see a big difference. Great job! I'm sorry no one has said anything. You are looking fabulous!!
  • linguist98
    Options
    WE CAN SEE IT AND YOURE DOING GREAT !
  • jroseonline
    jroseonline Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i think it takes a while for others to notice. especially when they see you everyday. I've dropped 24lbs, but also dropped 3 pants sizes.. it's been 6 months since i started to lose the weight and my co-workers started noticing about last month or so.

when you post side by side pics you can definitely tell. so don't feel too bad if at first others don't notice. as long as you know you are losing the weight and feel good about it, i think that's what counts the most.
  • Germaroo
    Germaroo Posts: 1
    Options
    Most important is that you can see and feel it. And you look fantastic.
    Other poeple are slow sometimes ^^ but who cares.
  • cmthorsness
    cmthorsness Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    So what diet are you doing exactly? Are you doing one. I can help support you better if I understand. :) Good job by the way
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!