To those who have reached their goal.

Options
tobafa
tobafa Posts: 344 Member
How much, if any, did visualization play in reaching that goal? How close are you now to what you visualized then? Feel free to friend me as well.

Replies

• amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Visualized my whole life! Didn't come out quite the same, but darn close! working to hit my mental image (the difference was that i was a bit more toned)
  • jd41715
    jd41715 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Although, i have not reached my goal YET. I think visualization plays such an important role in reaching your goal. I believe that part of the reason it takes time to loose wt is to allow for that new you to take over the old you. When you have carried a lot wt for a while, it is difficult to be able to recognize the new person that you are, not just to other people but to who really matters YOU. I think sometimes others see you as still that fat person or you are smaller and yet all you see is the fat girl. I know that for me this transition has been more than just loosing weight. It has been about enjoying different things in life and being more active. My goal is to be fit and gain some muscle tone. I can honestly tell you that envisioning myself able to do a full Insanity workout without having to take more than the 30sec allowed breaks is smg i am really looking forward to.I want to earn my Tshirt.
  • guildwars1987
    guildwars1987 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    When I can visually see my belt being pulled tighter on my ACUs and my ACU coat fitting looser on me, oh yeah that's an ego boost and a motivator. I have more to work on that requires the loss of fat and increase in exercise but when I start seeing results I work harder. Once I can wear ALL my mediums again and look good in them, then I'll be happy.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    It helped a little. Wasn't sure how I'd come out in the end, but I figured it can't possibly be any worse than what I was then. But I do think things went pretty well! I think I may have done far too much cardio for my tastes but right now I am fixing all that. I have a new visualization of what I plan to look like. I'm gonna see if I'm able to pull through again.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    It helped a little. Wasn't sure how I'd home out in the end, but I figured it can't possibly be any worse than what I was then. But I do think things went pretty well! I think I may have done far too much cardio for my tastes but right now I am fixing all that. I have a new visualization of what I plan to look like. I'm gonna see if I'm able to pull through again.

good luck to you!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I have not really visualize the end results although now that I am closer to my original goal I did expect to be leaner than I am. Might need to adjust my goals a bit. Anything is better than where I was though.
  • tobafa
    Options
    Bump..
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I think I lack in imagination because I cannot visualize my goal... I guess I live too much in the moment to think about what the future is going to look like.
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It was really not a factor for me at all. I knew I wanted to be thinner and a lot more fit/stronger, but I didn't know what that would look like - just that it had to be better than where I was. What really helped me reach my goal was having accountability and friends to cheer me on and guide me. I could not have gotten here, 66 pounds and 6 sizes smaller, alone.
  • tobafa
    Options
    Bump...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!