Best home workout vid??

Options
I am going back and forth between chalean extreme or 30 day shred.....I know p90x is a good one, but I'm just beginning.

Replies

• SIimMama
    SIimMama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Chalean extreme, with great results. I like the videos a lot. They take about 30-45 minutes per routine depending on which phase and day. You do a different video each day of the week, so you don't get bored. Chalean is fun and encouraging. And you just do the best/heaviest you can for the # of reps (sort of trial and error the first time through).

I've read some good things about 30DS, but can't tell you anything first hand.
  • unwritten87
    Options
    I have tried both Chalean and 30DS. Chalean, I loved because I love Chalene and I started working out with Turbo Jam. She's really motivating and I think strength training is really important but for weight loss I think that cardio is just as important. Although CE has some cardio, it emphasizes strength training more than anything. I didn't lose much weight but I did feel stronger and could see little muscles popping up everywhere LOL I would recommend 30 Day Shred just because it's cheaper (I think you can get it for less than $10) and it has cardio and strength training. I'm not fitness/fat loss expert, just my 2 cents.
  • SJSharksChick
    SJSharksChick Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I personally loved 30DS.

May I also recommend the Walk at Home series by Leslie Sansone - she has a huge variety of workouts, and when I first started my weight loss journey in 2007, I did nothing but her workouts & lost over 70lbs. She mixes cardio with light weights/bands in most DVDs. :flowerforyou: