Are u supposed to eat when u have alot of calories left?

Options
i have a good 500+ calories left and y net is not near 1200.

i dont feel hungry. what am i supposed to do?

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Short answer - eat :happy:
  • Zisrah
    Zisrah Posts: 6
    Options
    I usually don't eat unless I'm hungry. I still have 700 cals (supposed to hit 1220) left on my diary, and I just finished dinner.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Eat a little something today and plan better for tomorrow so you aren't in the same predicament again.
    Cutting calories very low is not going to help you get healthy and stay healthy.
    It's a good idea to aim to meet your NET calories goal that MFP has suggested. You don't have to eat exactly that amount every day, but in general it's not healhty to be too far below it.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Eat something or else face the wrath of 'starvation mode'
  • jennyredfern
    jennyredfern Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i just try to get my week in whole to look right for calorie intake... if i don't feel like eating much one day, I'm usually hungrier another day in the week.
  • K1mmer
    K1mmer Posts: 68 Member
    Options

That was a great read. It makes so much more sense to me now why I have to eat more! Thanks for posting!
  • mjoekidd
    mjoekidd Posts: 45
    Options
    At least get it down to ~350 or less calorie deficit. When you have those huge deficits and feel full I would at least drink Casein protein before you go to sleep. Mix it with fat-free milk and increase your water intake.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Have some icecream.
  • laskex21
    laskex21 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am having that same problem i have like 400 cals left but not hungry at all. it can be that MFP doesnt track peoples metabolism either so people burn or store calories differently
  • PhatAv8r
    PhatAv8r Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    EAT YOUR CALORIES... at some point, you can't eat all your exercise calories everyday (and shouldn't -EVERYDAY), but the reality is that you are burning fuel out of your body, and your body is a little lazy, and will pull from the easiest source... if you do not provide fuel that goes back to your muscles quickly, it's going to PROTEIN STORES not FAT STORES first... we call PROTEIN STORES "muscles" in the vernacular.

So, you really NEED to eat your calories, and workouts should be planned like anything else.

Before a hard workout, you should eat a nice med/hi GI fruit and or protein shake (or tuna and rice)...

After your workout, pump the carbs back into your body with orange, banana, and even a snickers... I personally love chocolate milk, so using non-fat milk and 1/2 a scoop of carb high powder (like Melaleuca Access), I have a quick 'shake'.... kills hunger cravings too, and it's only 150 calories, less than a coke, 10 times the nutrition.

Then, at dinner, you need the good carbs, and plenty of healthy protein (fish, chicken, even lean pork or beef)...

And in the evening, make yourself a protein smoothie.

All I can say is that I leave very few calories behind, normally if I exercise and have a 1000 calorie day... I'd guess I eat them all 2-3 days a week, and leave 400-500 calories another 3 days a week.

I'm down 40 pounds living this way... and I have enough energy to look forward to working out not just once a day, but two, sometimes three times.
  • PhatAv8r
    Options
    MFP can't know your metabolism exactly, but the formulas they are using are the ones that scientists have developed over the years to an acceptable degree of accuracy for the general public. Just like calipers to check body fat aren't always 100% accurate, but a hydrostatic weighing is usually less than 0.1% off.

So, your not going to hurt yourself by following the MFP guideline... key is that you log everything goes in your mouth... and that you get no less than 30 minutes of some activity that makes you sweat a little. And that doesn't have to be continuous... you can break it into two solid 15 minute walks (again so long as you break a sweat).
  • PhatAv8r
    Options
    At least get it down to ~350 or less calorie deficit. When you have those huge deficits and feel full I would at least drink Casein protein before you go to sleep. Mix it with fat-free milk and increase your water intake.

Ditto!! +1