Hi everyone. I'd like to make friends!

Options
Hello!

My name is Kelly and I would very much like to make friends on here to help me keep on track. :)

I guess I should tell you a little about myself... I've tried to lose weight several times in the past, but it's never worked. Now, I'm getting serious about it, and this time I'm going to go through with it. At my heaviest, I was around 157, but now I'm 135, and still losing. :)

Besides weight loss, I'm really into Kpop, reading, writing, and drawing. I'm a Fine Arts major, and I'm really enjoying my program so far.

So! Now that you know a little about me, tell me a little about you! :D

Replies

• Lalalazuli
    Options
    Anyone?
  • taahine01
    taahine01 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey Kelly, my name is Emi and I've tried many times to drop weight as well....it did come off but I would gain it back because I was dieting, not making it a whole lifestyle change.....anyway, congrats on the pounds you've lost, keep up the good work and feel free to add me as I would also appreciate the interchange of encouragement and motivation!!!!! Have a good one!!!
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi people! I'm Lite. I have tried really hard to lose weight through strength training but now i do aerobics and the weight it just falling off. Anyways, I'd love to support you guys and get some in return. MUCH LOVE AND LUCK!!!!
  • Tank184
    Tank184 Posts: 65
    Options
    Welcome Kelly! Im fromMissouri as well good luck with your weight loss!
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name's Devyn. My goal is to get from 14% BF to the coveted 10% by June 1st :smile: I am a big fan of Hyori Lee and Miss A not because of how they look but that does help alot. Feel free to add me for motivation and best of luck to you!
  • courtneyraquelx3
    Options
    this is JUST like me. my highest weight was 156 pounds and i'm now down to around 130ish. ADD ME :)
  • linpeach
    linpeach Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lindsay and like many of you just tring to make a change in my life. I would love to make some friends on here as well for some positive motivation.
  • kcash9
    kcash9 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi Kelly! My name is Kari. I just signed up on myfitnesspal.com today and would also to make new friends who can motivate me to reach my goal (and I you!) I am a mother of 3 and currently weigh 125. I am trying to get toned up and lose inches in time for bikini season. I hope we can be friends!
  • jennit1801
    jennit1801 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly! (and everyone else reading this now!)

I am always looking for new friends on MFP. The more friends, the more support and the more ideas to help you be the best you EVER! I have been trying to lose weight for about 3 years. I am 5'2" and have fluctuated between 129 (when I graduated from College) and 153. I am currently at 149 but would like to be about 135 with super toned arms, abs and butt! I am a newlywed and trying to avoid the dreaded 15 pounds that comes with newlywed bliss. I would love to be your friend!
  • liljon949
    liljon949 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly!

Congratulations on your progress so far. I'm also new here in fighting the fight against weight.

May your reach your goals!
  • Staceydonna1987
    Options
    Hi Kelly,
    Im 5 foot 6, 149 pounds but would like to be around 125-130. Just before christmas i lost ten pounds then piled it all back on over the holidays which seemed to extend forever and I've just started in the last two weeks to eat a bit healthier and head to the gym 4-5 times a week. Feel free to add me if you would like a friend who knows whats its like to go up and down. Hopefully, we can make it a life change this time =)
  • jodeebee62
    Options
    Hi Kelly and everyone..

This is my first time, just came across this site from recommendation from trademe community..It's awsum!!! I've figured out why even though I am exercising etc that I'm not dropping the pounds (kgs) .. I'm not eating enough.. weird really .. when you're dieting (die with a T) .. you're focusing on not eating .. watch the calories, watch the intake bla bla.. I took that mentality too literally and when I did my first food diary on here today.. I had an A huh moment.. Hullo??? less than 1000 calories per day? The feedback gave me a lecture about starvation mode.. You want to know the Irony of this??? I just lectured' a friend the other day about eating more.. and I need to be reminded for myself...

anyway.. I'm Joanna, I'm in New Zealand.. at my heaviest I was 158kg.. 316lb... I'm currently at 130kg and now I know I'm not eating enough I will be dropping again soon :) ... I'm a mum and grandmother..am currently a student, and am starting diploma in nutritional science next January.. have just completed the prerequisite for this (cert human anatomy/physiology) which has been a tough and interesting road..

look forward to getting and giving support on this forum.. I'm off to eat... might have more than steamed veges and fruit salad for dinner.. have an aswum easter everyone..
  • rhart18
    rhart18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I just began MFP on Monday. I have very high hopes that it will keep me on track. Love how easy it is to use. Losing weight is all about calories in and out. I've tried most everything out there over the years and am looking forward to interacting with other MFP members as we help each other.