New here to MFP...

Options
Hey guys, my name is Taylor and I finally realized how fluffy I am. Basically, I feel like the Michelin man...you know the puffy white tire guy...Anywho, I need to get healthy again and I am sooo ready to start this journey. I eat my feelings, which is a huge problem. When I'm happy, I eat...when I'm bored, i eat...when i'm hanging with friends, I eat....It's like, oh you're feeling a little insecure?You should have a coke...Wow you did good on that report, have a donut...Work stressing you out? Let's throw a jumbo jack down the hatch with some fries, but its been a good day so make them curly fries and throw some cheese on that b. That's what my inner fluff tells my brain...FOOD is the answer. Well I'm sick of listening to my fat monster and I'm ready to make a fantastic lifestyle change! I hope I can find friends and support with MFP because I know its going to be a tough road ahead, but I have faith! Good luck to all!!!

Replies

• MoonGurl1985
    Options
    Good luck to you in your journey on here !
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hi, Taylor! Welcome aboard! I used to say that I wasn't fat, I just had well-insulated muscles. :happy: Half the battle is just getting on the get-in-shape-and-be-healthy train. Sometimes we get off at a stop now and again, but then we get back on and continue the journey.

Best of luck to you. Remember, you'll have bad days (the days when you get off the train… maybe you do an overnight stay or two in Fatsville). Just let it go and get back on the train. Don't let a slip beat you down. Learn from it and move on. I found that intermittent goals really help me out… little victories along the way… winning battles before winning the war.

Do your best today. Do better tomorrow. Own it.

Good grief… it's late, I'm tired, and I am certainly rambling.

But, sincerely, glad to have you here! :drinker:
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Lol I love your introduction! it is funny, made me laugh and yes it is true, my brain also works in a very similar way. Welcome and I know you can do this! You have a strong mind and that will help you in the way of determination and personal success :wink: