D@MN SADDLEBAGS! NE1 that HAD them, but doesn't now?

Options
SPNLuver83
SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
I am having THE HARDEST time getting rid of my stupid saddlebags. It is sooo frustrating. I know that I could be in a pants size smaller, at least, w/o them. They are like 1.5 inches larger than my hips measure. ARG.

Are there any women out there who HAD saddlebags, but no longer do? Could you please post some before/after pics so I can see that it is possible??

Replies

• lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this as well. If not for that awful part of my body, I would have no problem with the way I look. It seems that this is the only place I can't lose weight! Why is it that the first place you want to lose is always the last place to go?
  • SPNLuver83
    Options
    bump
  • lungry1980
    Options
    bump
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    OMG ladies... I am right there with you! WHY! WHY Saddlebags! Fricken hate mine... I asked my trainer and he said... "you have to lose body fat to get rid of those babies". Well, duh! I am trying, but my waist keeps getting smaller, my collar bones are sticking out. But my dang pant size is the same because of SADDLEBAGS!
  • DizsJourney
    DizsJourney Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    You lose fat in the same order you put it on. If the first place you put fat on was the 'saddlebag' region of your thighs, then it will sadly be the last place you lose it.

That said, I've had saddlebags when I was reasonably thin so figured I'd have a bad case at this weight. I'm wrong though, running has had quite an effect on my thighs (inner and outer), not to mention my glutes. If only I could find something as effective for my 'love handles'...:laugh:
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    They go away with further weight loss. :cry:

I'm in a size 6, but mine still bother me. My husband doesn't notice them at this point (I've lost three inches in that area). They will be gone when I lose the last ten pounds. I've done this before, I'm afraid. :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can not spot reduce nor can you fight genetics. I had them - not horribly, but I did. Running has helped slim down that area, but I still have large thighs (genetics working against me there). Just keep going - eventually, they'll start to go away.
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    OMG ladies... I am right there with you! WHY! WHY Saddlebags! Fricken hate mine... I asked my trainer and he said... "you have to lose body fat to get rid of those babies". Well, duh! I am trying, but my waist keeps getting smaller, my collar bones are sticking out. But my dang pant size is the same because of SADDLEBAGS!

Ditto that!!
  • _Dan_
    _Dan_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You lose fat in the same order you put it on. If the first place you put fat on was the 'saddlebag' region of your thighs, then it will sadly be the last place you lose it.

That said, I've had saddlebags when I was reasonably thin so figured I'd have a bad case at this weight. I'm wrong though, running has had quite an effect on my thighs (inner and outer), not to mention my glutes. If only I could find something as effective for my 'love handles'...:laugh:

There's nothing other than hard work and patience that will get rid of fat in any area. You'll get there eventually. :happy:
  • ellesoul
    ellesoul Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i still have them but have noticed them slimming down quickly from doing heavy squats (100 lbs currently, which I'm trying to increase by 5 lbs each week) and also by using the outer thigh machine (again, with heavy weights, I can squeeze inner and outer thighs at 150 now... i started around only being able to squeeze around 120)...

heavy weights, low reps is what I've been doing (6-8 reps, 3-4 sets)

I also do deadlifts too, heavy around 90-100... nearly forgot about those... those things seem to tone everything
  • SPNLuver83
    Options
    I've been doing all that... cardio, strength training.... I have no idea when they got put on, as I've always had them as I can remember cuz I've always been slightly-more-than-slightly overweight..... They've gone down as I've lost weight for sure, just not like the rest of me has... Infact, my saddlebags down are my one giant trouble area. It sucks so bad cuz I want to wear those cute clingy dresses but I can't because my body looks very frumpy and weird hips down and I REFUSE to wear spanks. Sure, they may make you look smoother, but once the dress comes off they ain't very sexy and you still gotta deal with what you got. Bleh.

It's kind of disheartening no one is showing pictures!!!
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Zumba has really helped my saddlebags. It has also helped give me more of an hourglass figure. Give it a try, plus it's seriously a ton of fun.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!