Has anyone ever done the 100 burpee challenge?

Options
I did the 100 burpee challenge a while back (probably 8 months ago) and I am NOT looking to do it again! hahaha! But I was just curious if anyone else has done it. What was your time on day 100?
The 100 burpee challenge is one more burpee each day. So, on day 1, you just do 1 burpee. Day 2, 2 burpees, day 3 do 3 burpees and so on. Until you get to day 100. You can break them up throughout the day. I did till day 50 doing them all together and then about every 10 days i would do them all consecutive.....because on day 100 you do 100 burpees consecutive for time! eeeek!
It was killer! But, it was a great challenge!

Replies

• DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I just recently learned what a burpee was - and I cannot imagine being able to do more than 1 or 2 at this point. However, they're supposed to be a true fat-busting workout. How did you do in burning fat when you did your challenge? I might have to suck it up and start doing at least a few minutes worth every day...

Thanks for posting this!
  • tatzkee
    tatzkee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'd rather do breakdance than doing 100 burpees. LOL.

But seriously, there are other ways for you burn calories than taking the 100 burpee challenge. :smokin:
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I used to do a lot of burpees. My fashion style during that period consisted of strictly orange jumpsuits.
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun, i may, try it
  • drewbransmama
    Options
    I know....they are awful! You could take the challenge and just see how far you get? :happy: You might just surprise yourself!
  • NKolhar
    NKolhar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Done it never started it like that but did 100 a day breaking em apart to sets of 10-20 but had to finish em within the hour ! good cardio mix it up with some push ups and u hit a jackpot !
  • drewbransmama
    Options
    I'd rather do breakdance than doing 100 burpees. LOL.

But seriously, there are other ways for you burn calories than taking the 100 burpee challenge. :smokin:

Me too...after doing that challenge! True, there are other ways...less puky kinda ways! But, I like to do different challenges in addition to my workouts and this was one I truly didn't know if I could complete! Not just the 100 burpees on day 100. But just doing burpees day after day after day after day...for 100 days. Gotta pick something that's really going to challenge you though, right? I did it. And it felt great....after it was over! :laugh:
  • drewbransmama
    Options
    I used to do a lot of burpees. My fashion style during that period consisted of strictly orange jumpsuits.

haha!
  • drewbransmama
    Options
    Sounds like fun, i may, try it

Yeah, it's kinda fun....until about day 80 :laugh:
    But, if feels great when you complete it! Do it!!!!!!
  • drewbransmama
    Options
    Done it never started it like that but did 100 a day breaking em apart to sets of 10-20 but had to finish em within the hour ! good cardio mix it up with some push ups and u hit a jackpot !

Yep, that's killer too!
    We do a workout here in my garage sometimes that we call "10-1 ball slam/burpees"
    You do 10 burpees, 1 ball slam
    9 burpees, 2 ball slams
    8 burpees, 3 ball slams
    ....you get the point. Until you are down to 1 burpee, 10 ball slams.
    Makes me want to puke just thinking about it!
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I've never done the challenge since I didn't know what a burpee was until a few weeks ago. Zuzana (video below) uses them in between other exercises.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ol43VYgr8
  • NKolhar
    NKolhar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    the ball slam deff sounds challenging with the burpees !
  • apolla7
    apolla7 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just did 100 burpees. I do a lot of boot camp sessions but missed one this week. So I asked my trainer, what can I do to make up the loss. He said 5 sets of 20 burpees! Well, needless to say, this morning I just polished off 10 sets of 10. Burpees are killer! But, they are the total package. I think I am going to add this to my weekly routine. It kills, but its only 20 min. of pain for optimal fat burn and calories loss!
  • I just finished 100 burpees. I was only doing the seven minute burpees challenge at first to see how many burpees I could do but when the timer went off at 7 mins, I was at 96. So I just let my timer keep going and finished the last four burpees although I was very exhausted and finished at 100 at 7 mins and 15 seconds! :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    add the push up and jump then you have something
  • fitfoodymama
    fitfoodymama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I do this at least once a week. We do the 100 burpees with the jump and push ups and see how long it takes us. The 1st time we did it it took me 16mins and 45secs. I almost died!! But now I can do my 100 in 14mins 32secs, and faster than my fiance!!!! That is huge for me since he is in better shape than me. I wish I had a heart rate monitor to see how many calories it really burns because I feel like its A LOT!! And it has become fun for me now. :happy: