Your first NSV (Non Scale Victory)

Options
Squeezie88
Squeezie88 Posts: 63 Member
best NSV: I've never had a non scale victory before, so I'm pretty excited. I bought a pair of shorts early this year for work, and they were pretty tight but not uncomfortable. I've worn them to work today (as I live in Australia and the weather's turned hot again) and they're so loose I keep having to pull them up! :)

what was your first NSV???

Replies

• tnielsen09
    Options
    wow way to go!!!!!!!!! I just had my first NSV tonight :) I went on a night run and ran for 15 min without stopping and I wasn't even tired at the end! Then I mapped it out on geo distance and found out I ran 1.5 miles!!!!!! I was in shock!!! haha
  • jennit1801
    jennit1801 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    One NSV i've had recently is resisting ice cream cake at work, and pizza and wine at home that my hubby was so delightfully enjoying when I came home from work the other night!
  • tnielsen09
    Options
    haha I hate it when that happens :D
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Being able to wear my seatbelt again. I hadn't been able to do that for the past three years.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    This week: I timed my walk from the grocery store. It was at 3 minutes faster than the last time I timed it a few weeks ago. And I didn't try to walk super fast (15.5 minutes for .9 miles up a gradual hill). Even better, I made it through most of it without feeling winded until the last and steepest block.

I think I will have to do a time trial soon, and put more effort in!
  • Sal4kids00
    Sal4kids00 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Mine was being able to wear my wedding dress that I bought two sizes too small on purpose :) to make myself lose weight.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym on the treadmill jogging and my panties kept falling down.lol.
  • Squeezie88
    Squeezie88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Pants fallng down is annoying, but it makes you feel great :D
  • DaisyDuck82
    Options
    The other day I was finally able to fit my favorite bath towel around my whole body again without any of my hip or thigh showing :) I was doing a happy dance when I got out of the shower!
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Took my niece to lunch today at the student commons. Was going to get Taco Bell and instead opted for summer rolls full of vegies and then a nice long game of ping pong. Felt so good to have gotten past that awful temptation!
  • Lizlicious2187
    Lizlicious2187 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My first non scale victory came this past weekend when I went shopping and went into Gap to try on jeans because my size 14s were falling down. I thought I was just going to go down to a 12 but no they were too big! So yes I ended up buying a size 10 which is huuuge for me because honestly I haven't been in that small of a jean since middle school! Amazing!!

Liz
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    Options
    My most recent NSV would have to be a tie between the two of these:

1.) the towels provided by my gym are super tiny... i used to barely be able to wrap one around me just on the corner without having a HUGE slit. NOW they fit almost perfectly around me with just a tiny little slit! :)

2.) I have upped my workouts (cardio) to 115minutes per day. I used to have trouble getting even 30 minutes of high intensity cardio done... and now I have energy to spare (despite the fact that I'm drenched in sweat!). If I had more time to kill in a day, I'd probably go close to 200 minutes with my cardio! But eating back those calories would be a freakin chore! haha :) it already is...
  • Soucy2022
    Soucy2022 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I can relate to that. Congrats One step at a time. :)
  • Pandalicious
    Options
    Punching a new hole in my belt ;)
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Being able to wear my seatbelt again. I hadn't been able to do that for the past three years.

This was a recent NSV victory for me. I've been able to wear one now for about 4 months. The first one that I can recall may be taken for granted by most, but it was to be able to stand in the shower without feeling like I was gonna collapse. Such a simple daily thing most take for granted, but it was VERY difficult for me. I thank God everyday for finding this site & giving me the stength to come as far as I've come in a relatively short time.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    My first one I think was having to keep punching holes into a belt I had, then eventually went out and bought another.

Started at 4x shirts and size 46 pants / shorts and then went to 3x then 2x then now Im at xl and size 38 pants borderline 36.
  • ByrdMessy
    ByrdMessy Posts: 94
    Options
    My first one was today (I only started 3 weeks ago)--I drank the whole 8 cups of water. Simple, but it felt like something.
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I think mine was when I did my first 10k run (not a race- it was my first time ever running 10k straight, no walking). Now, it's just a normal run, but I was SO excited that I could actually do it- and enjoy it so much!

Another one was when I randomly went through my closet (spring cleaning) and found 2 pair of jeans and 4 dress pants I hadn't seen in a LONG time because they were too tight. They were loose!
  • BeachMama06
    BeachMama06 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Belts are now a must instead of an accessory on all of my current jeans. I sense I'll be shopping in a few weeks.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Ran out of holes in my belt and no more sciatica. I had to keep my belt tight because my waist was bigger than my hips and butt. The pressure caused pain in my lower back down through my hip and into my right leg. It was awful and I lived with it for years. Now its all gone.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!