Not losing anything!!

Options
I'm 5'8, 140 pounds, healthy BMI and my body fat percentage is 'ideal'.

For the past couple of years I've tried many ways of losing weight and could only lose a total of 5 pounds then I'd put it all back on again.

For the past month I have been exercising 4 days a week (30 mins exercise bike, 20 mins weight training, 7 mins sit ups/crunches) and I even done a weeks worth of the 30 day shred. My calorie intake has been around 1300-1500 during this time. I don't lose a huge amount of calories through this exercise only about 200-250 according to my HRM.

I haven't kept a diary of the past month but I do seem to always go over my sugar limit on here by LOADS.

I need to lose around 10 pounds but nothing seems to be happening, and even though I can FEEL that I'm changing after exercise and the day after, nothing does. I measure myself once a week (waist hips etc) and still no difference, and I can't see any difference in my muscles.

Does anybody have any tips as to how I can finally lose this weight?
My body is used to around 1500 calories a day anyway as this is what I usually eat, even when not on a diet/counting calories - so if I upped my calories (as I have done previously) I just put the weight back on, hence the yo-yo-ing from 135 to 140.

Replies

• carrieann1967
    carrieann1967 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You don't need to loose any weight, 140 is my eventual goal and I'm 5' 6". You'll be too skinny if you loose any more weight. Try just maintaining instead.
  • NatashaAlexandra
    NatashaAlexandra Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You don't need to loose any weight, 140 is my eventual goal and I'm 5' 6". You'll be too skinny if you loose any more weight. Try just maintaining instead.

I'm not happy with my weight though. My goal weight would be around 132. Everyone has different goals, but I'm just aiming to lose a few pounds and tone up because I'm not confident with my arms, muffin top and my legs are quite chubby.

I won't be too skinny as most of my friends seem to be around 130 and they are just average weight looking, skinny would be below 130 for me!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, 140 pounds, healthy BMI and my body fat percentage is 'ideal'.

I'm not an expert but I think this is probably the important bit in your question. It' s perfectly possible that your body is where it wants to be, ie. healthy BMI and body fat %.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

I'm not happy with my weight though. My goal weight would be around 132. Everyone has different goals, but I'm just aiming to lose a few pounds and tone up because I'm not confident with my arms, muffin top and my legs are quite chubby.

I won't be too skinny as most of my friends seem to be around 130 and they are just average weight looking, skinny would be below 130 for me!

lift heavy weights as that will help you lose the last bit of fat and tone up your muscles. you dont even need to eat a deficit, you can eat at your maintenance or even a bit above. try a program like strong lifts or new rules of lifting for women where you do lots of compound movements like push ups, bench presses cable rows and deadlifts as you'll be working out multiple muscle groups at once.

also i stopped tracking the sugar on here. i was finding that if i make a protein shake with half a banana, half an orange, and some pineapple i'm over my daily sugar limit as if to say i've had a 2 litter of coke or something :laugh:
  • NatashaAlexandra
    NatashaAlexandra Posts: 70 Member
    Options

I'm not an expert but I think this is probably the important bit in your question. It' s perfectly possible that your body is where it wants to be, ie. healthy BMI and body fat %.

I think this may be the problem. But the thing is, I don't want to be this weight. I am an average sort of build but have flabby arms, muffin top, big thighs and a chubby face. Although it may sound ideal, I'm not slim. I want to look slim and even a little athletic (mostly on my stomach, I don't want very muscly manly arms!!)

Any ideas on how to get past where my body wants to be?
  • carrieann1967
    carrieann1967 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You just need to do toning up now as suggested previously.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I agree with meshashesha. Add some heavy lifting (heavy lifting as in what is challenging for YOU). It will increase your lean body mass and decrease fat stores. You have to fuel yourself for it to work eat close to your TDEE, fit2fat radio.com has a great TDEE calculator if you haven't done so already. It really works! New Rules of Lifting is an awesome book that tells you exactly how to do this and has 6 months worth of great routines. When you get through it you can start over and just start with heavier weights than the first time around. Good luck!