help going for really fancy meal tonight!

Options
hey guys- heading out tonight for a meal and am really nervous about what to order as it's like a French restaurant where things are a little less ordinary..any tips on how to manage..i plan to be as good as i can be today and try and get some cardio done before i head out..i will aim to have about a 1000 calories to eat in the evening- including a couple of glasses of wine??? is this possible?? im ok with not having dessert also!! i think its normal to have a day here and there to go over calories but i want to have as few as these as i can!

any thoughts/experiences welcomed :)

Replies

• Icedancer94
    Icedancer94 Posts: 108
    Options
    Try to stay away from 'creamy' sauces :-)
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    tomato based dishes...white fish...veggies..fresh fruits?
  • TotalTiger
    Options
    Ask for your sauce seperate. Don't go the garlic prawns (butter butter butter). Maybe go some fish. Or just have a lovely night and fit an extra exercise session in next week - you don't get to do fancy all the time (that's what I'd do)
  • EmmaR84
    EmmaR84 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    1. Choose things you will enjoy

2. Look for grilled lean meats or fish, if you want steak ask for it grilled not fried.

3. If it comes with a sauce ask for the sauce ont eh side then you can control how much you want

4. Choose a jacket potato/new potatoes/salad instead of chips

Enjoy your meal!
  • ClareDes
    ClareDes Posts: 7
    Options
    thanks for all the tips- and yes i will enjoy!! food isnt all about calories!!!
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you fancy and enjoy yourself, just be really good for the next 3 or 4 days afterwards.

As long as you are around about your calories averaged over the week then you will be fine.

Enjoy.
  • RoxyLDN
    RoxyLDN Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'd say, enjoy the dinner! :drinker: We need to find a balance, and special occasions is worth taking them as a special treat.
    Yes, do some sports to try to compensate a bit, and just be good the rest of the week.
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I tend to go vegetarian if I'm worried about calories at a restaurant as protein just sneaks up on you!
    I'm guessing you'll have maybe 2 glasses of wine.. if so, you'll have a little over 700 calories to eat. For me, that would mean a low carb vegetarian dish and a small dessert.

Of course, you could just enjoy yourself and get back on schedule tomorrow but, personally, I enjoy my night better if I know I've made good choices (minus that extra glass of wine ;-) and won't have to compensate for it later.
    Do what works for you.
  • dngortegae
    dngortegae Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more. It is a night out, enjoy it and don't think about calories the entire night. It will only ruin the night. Stay with the veggies as side items, go light on the sauces, cream or not and stick with chicken or fish, no pasta. Good luck!
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Frogs legs taste like chicken
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    If it is a really fancy meal - and the type of place you would not normally go to just enjoy your night - tomorrow is another day.
    Special occasions come around seldom enough - enjoy it and just get back to being really good tomorrow....

If eating out is something you do often - on a weekly or more often then you look for "good choices" when you order - as others here have suggested...
  • SassyJuliana
    SassyJuliana Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Or just have a lovely night and fit an extra exercise session in next week - you don't get to do fancy all the time (that's what I'd do)

^^^^ This!!! ^^^^