Struggling!

Hi All,

Been using myfitnesspal for sometime now and when I am log on regular and focus I can do really well, but the last month has been so hard. I have lost all motivation and seem to be binging alot! I have no energy, feel rubbish, and then coz I feel that way, I end up eating more! It is like I have just become addicted to carbs and takeaway and I just cant get enough of it!

Its sooooo annoying! I know what I need to do and I know how it works but slowly but surely the weight I have lost is creeping on again!

Just need some words of encouragement I think as I do not want the summer to come along and be so miserable because I my weight!

Anyone else ever go through periods like that!??

Wishing everyone a wonderful Easter!!

Elaine

Replies

• I know how you feel sometimes it just gets to easy to just enjoy a little more food than you want or to just grab fast food and not think about what you are eating till after. I found giving myself one cheat day where i can enjoy some delicous junk food is helpful cause then i dont feel like i cant enjoy things. I also will figure out what it is I'm in the mood for and sign on here that way I know how much I can eat without going to over my calories. Stay positive and don't beat yourself up when you slip a little into going to happen every know. The important thing is to not give up and just keep coming back.

Melissa
  • Lainser
    Lainser Posts: 2
    Thanks Melissa

It is just easy to get into bad eating habits again! I just need to snap out of it! I just had a big breakfast but I will try make healthy choices for the rest of the day!
  • rhe276
    rhe276 Posts: 46
    this happens to me as well. whether a unexpected event comes up or i just cant get fried chicken off my mind!! when i ate these foods i would think because id ate something bad, i might as well give up on the diet. I have learnt through this site and the support of other people that we all have lapses. the important thing is to say ' i enjoyed that but it doesnt effect me long term' and get back on the horse so to speak. Dont forget its the long term your aiming for, and in your life your still going to eat some 'bad' foods. treat your diet the same way. Good luck, i really hope you get back into it! add me if you want, im always here to chat:happy:
  • TepaLepa
    TepaLepa Posts: 6
    i know exactly how you feel... i mean im just starting out but its hard to figure what i can/ cant eat, and watching everyone else around me eating all these foods and drinking all these soft drinks its hard.
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    We got some bad news a month ago, and You can see the day I heard by looking in my food diary! All the sudden cookies and chocolate were making very frequent very large appearances!
    I started giving myself mini goals, (I am very goal reached/reward motivated!). Little things like drinking 10 glasses of water everyday for a week, or working out a minimum of 30 minutes a day, and I will reward myself with something small. Just like how I train my dogs, ugh :P
    I find once I start back on the right track I start feeling better emotionally as well as physically, and the bad cravings, and lack of energy just start to fade.
    I find having a couple really encouraging friends on here really helps as well!
  • melcropper
    melcropper Posts: 2 Member
    Hi

Ive been the same over the last month and last week was determined to get back on it properly but only managed a couple of days on and off and the same this week, I know i can do it as i have done before but i think if i go out and book my simmer holiday this weekend it will (hopefully) spure me on to get back on it.
    Set your mind on something and hopefully this will work for you.......

Fingers crossed and Good Luck to you all

Mel
    x
    :smile:
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Thanks Melissa

It is just easy to get into bad eating habits again! I just need to snap out of it! I just had a big breakfast but I will try make healthy choices for the rest of the day!

there is nothing wrong with a big breakfast as long as balance your calories for the day :smile:

As your diary is closed are you eating enough?
    Here is a guide for setting weekly deficits, and on top of this when you workout you should eat those calories back. So if you are on 1200 cals and burn 300, you should eat 1500 for the day.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal
  • I am so addicted to carbs! French fries are my weakness! I use saturday night dinner as my "cheat meal" and eat what ever I want. Usually satisfies my cravings and I am good for the rest of the week. I had a bad week last week and one night got wendy's for dinner. I felt horrible about it but it happens sometimes. You aren't alone in that struggle!
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Here is a guide for setting weekly deficits, and on top of this when you workout you should eat those calories back. So if you are on 1200 cals and burn 300, you should eat 1500 for the day.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

can you please share where you got this information? Even when I plug my goal into MFP (and I have 75+ pounds to lose) it still "tells" me that losing 1 pound per week is the best goal for me. I've never heard any other source quote your weekly drop by your present weight.