giving up.

Options
it has been 5 weeks of dieting and the scale hasn't moved. in fact today it was up nearly 4 pounds. Every day is a struggle just to get out of bed. i wouldn't even leave my house at all if i didn't have to go to work. i can't look anyone in the eye.. and feel like everyone is seeing how fat i am. my stomach will not flatten out. i always look like i have a big round belly. Im tired. and just want to sleep. I am embarrased to step out of my house looking like i do.. old, fat, i just want to sleep.
not looking for anything but a place to vent.
im just really frustrated.

Replies

• ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    The scale is a bad bad thing.

Mine hasn't moved in a few weeks, but my jeans feel better on & I have more stamina. My cholesterol numbers are looking great and my blood sugars are better controlled.

Just because the scale hasn't moved, doesn't mean you aren't benefiting from what you are doing.

Play with your calories, do a different workout, eat more protein, but don't give up. Chin up!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Ok, so lets look at you through another persons eyes - mine for instance :) You've already lost 41lb - I would currently love to have such an achievement under my (tighter) belt! I had a peek around your diary and there's several days where you're netting WAAAY unter 1000 calories as well. At this point in your journey it is likely your losses will slow, especially if you're not fuelling your body enough, so consider upping the calories you take in. The tiredness is likely a by-product of not getting enough energy from your food! And the down feeling, yup that's probably linked as well.

You look ace in your profile pic!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    LOOK AT WHAT YOU"VE ACCOMPLISHED SO FAR!!!! Don't give up! From your post I'm wondering two things 1) could you be depressed? and do you think maybe you need to talk to someone about it? or 2) and a whole lot easier to answer :wink: do you think you would benefit from eating more? If you're tired all the time, maybe you really just need more fuel. You could always try upping to maintenance calories for a week or two and, at the very least, give yourself and your body a bit of a break!!!

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • grumpytroll
    grumpytroll Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a message but wanted to add on here...41 pounds????? AMAZING JOB!!!!! You can keep doing this . X
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Do you think giving up will make you feel better? How about in a year's time when you've put on more weight? I'm sorry to sound harsh I just feel like giving up is crazy. Are you eating the right foods? Are you eating enough? Are you monitoring your sodium? Because if not then that could be your answer there
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    You've lost 41 lbs, and now you're going to give up? I can tell by your picture and by your "goals" that you are not fat. I understand that you want to lose more - I was near that weight range when I began this journey. We all have plateaus. A lot of good advice / tips already given, so I'm not going to repeat. Not leaving your house and sleeping all the time will not take the weight off. Get outside and exercise. Enjoy nature, soak it up. You are given one life (that we know of) - live it! You are worth it! :flowerforyou:
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    You mention the scale but have you taken your measurements? 41Ibs lost already?? That is AMAZING!! I know sometimes these feelings creep up on you, but that is part of the battle. You're doing this, you've done it. Don't give up!!

And I agree with Kaned, if you're netting low, you're not going to be feeling it - remember, food is fuel!! Your body is probably like "omgwtf" at the mo - maybe try taking a break and eating higher calories for a week?

You can do it, you look great in your profile pic :)
  • debbieLamphere
    Options
    All the replies are great! I agree......u can do harm by not eating enough .I have heard you should never go under 1200 a day really. try taking B line vitamins! they might help you not feel so tired! And negative self talk is NO help at all....it will just make you wanna sit around and do nothing which will cause weight gain. How often are you exercising? are you out walking daily? walking always seems to help for me! also watch to be sure your not having too much salt/sodium in your diet. I hope all this helps. dont give up we are all in this together! last week i thought i did so good but the scale said i did not lose a thing! how discouraging! but you cant give up............it will come off with exercise and consistancy in your healthy diet. Best , and i will pray for you! Debbie
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough calories. You come in WAY too far under too many days out of the week. Your body is holding on for dear life. You should be coming in under your goals, even after exercise, by just a few calories per day. You are so tired because you're not consuming enough calories for your body to function.

As for how you feel about yourself because of your body... I mean this in the most unsnarky way, I suggest therapy. There's nothing good about feeling that way about yourself.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Karylee, please don't give up on yourself. You're worth so much more than you are feeling right now. Please get some support so you have people to vent to IRL too. You're not fat and old, you're gorgeous and in your prime! You've achieved huge weight loss, that's such an achievement and is proof you can do it! Sometimes the body does resist giving it up, but it will come off and you'll continue with your success. Meanwhile, please be kind to yourself. Hang in there :flowerforyou:
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I used to always give up, that's why i'm here again. Take a day or two and regroup, get your motivation back. 41 lbs is amazing, you need to take a moment and truly appreciate that loss. Sometimes we get so caught up in the end number that we forget how far we've come. I did not peek at your diary but I see comments that you are eating under 1000, please stop this. I ate 1200 for months with very small losses, it wasn't until I upped my calories that I saw the weight really start moving off me. Balance your protein and your carb numbers and put some healthy fat in there and exercise. It is slow and yes, very frustrating but it is happening for you. Don't give up now, you haven't gotten to the end of the race yet. As for being tired, I can only speak for myself but by simply adding 1000 mg of Vitamin D3 I have changed my life. Within 3 weeks of starting it, my energy levels have went thru the roof, I can barely sleep more than 7 hours a night and I feel amazing. Your doctor can even run a test to see if you are deficient in Vitamin D (most people are). You've come too far to give up now!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    sounds like your depressed and need a visit to the doctor. get someone to hide the scales for a month. Keep on track, but dont let the numbers rule your life. It will start to drop again! x
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    WOAH there....dangerous talk!

First...scales, work of the devil....FACT. :) measure yourself instead. Men have enough weight issues regarding water/fat/muscle combinations that show wild changes on a scale....I would hate to even start to think what it would be like with you being a girl :)

....you know....'lady stuff' :blushing:

Secondly.....think of your body as a teenager...surly, unhelpfull,awkward and then you treat it as such :) Self pity, cravings, weakness is your body's way of being a teenager..so dont give in to it's sulks and give it what it needs not what it wants.

Looked at your photos.....and they are fab! you are proving that you are what you want to be "looking to be fabulous and forty and not fat and forty!"

WoW!:love:
  • cgordon86
    cgordon86 Posts: 12
    Options
    Chin up, like has been said 41 lbs is a lot. Try some vitamins to help with your energy. You have done so much and now you know the keys, keep it up. Don't short your self on calories, you should know by now calories are fuel and you need them to lose weight. Try more veggies or proteins for the added feel good energy. Good Luck, and remember don't weigh yourself too much. I keep it to once a week in the mornings. You weigh less in the mornings. If you have to check up during the week, make it like mid week. I like that number at the end of the week, kinda like the biggest loser style. Keep up the good work and keep going.
  • TimWilkinson101
    TimWilkinson101 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ranulph Fiennes ( possibly the best explorer Britain's ever known) says he hates exercising and a lot of the time he just doesnt want to get off the couch and go for a run. What he says he does is:

1) Stand up
    2) Walk towards his training shoes
    3) Put on the shoes
    4) Walk out the door
    5) Start walking
    6) Start running

By concentrating just on the little bit at a time he can get his demotivated butt out for a run. So, dont look at you currently overwhelming ultimate goal, but just aim to get up and then put on your shoes and then go outside. If nothing else, the fresh air will do you a lot of good. Trust me, hardly any of us want to exercise or diet. Many of us would love to sleep or watch TV or play on a video game, but if we were happy doign that then we would never have found this place.

So...get up and get out... and take care of yourself.
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    I would say tiredness is from lack of food intake! You are barely eating! You are prob in starvation mode. Also, i notice you are not working out. You should workout daily and up your food intake, and after a month i would say that your body will respond and start firming up. You look fine in your pic.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    You have done well so far, but with only a brief look at your diary I would say you are tired because you are not eating enough and that is a dangerous circle to head down. Put some more healthy fats into your diet and perhaps start to track nutrients such as vitamins - it's probable your low calorie diet means you are not getting enough nutrients and from then you will start to feel down and give up.

What sort of exercise are you doing? If you aren't feeling hungry then do some more exercise - bound to give you more of an appetite. Make sure you get outside in the Great Outdoors which perks up most people. Little steps to make yourself get out and do stuff will go a long way to improving your mood and energy levels. Good Luck!!
  • reka74
    reka74 Posts: 70
    Options
    You are eating 700 and 900 calories! Sure you feel like don't want to do anything! Eat a little more....
    Anyway you are very close to your goal weight, everybody say it's harder there. I don't know yet... LOL
    Congratulation on your success!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    hi first 41lbs well done , i looked at your profile and your diary , i looked back over a week and on most days your not even eating 1200 your 150 , as a person who 161 i would not say you are fat i'm jealous !

but Seriously as you get closer to your goal you need to start eating more , not less...

Here is a guide for setting weekly deficits, and on top of this when you workout you should eat those calories back. So if you are on 1200 cals and burn 300, you should eat 1500 for the day.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal
  • TimWilkinson101
    TimWilkinson101 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    PS: I just checked yoru profile pictures... you certainly dont appear fat in my eyes. You look attractive and slim and my eyes have been lasered, so I can see perfectly ;)

So be realistic about yourself and also realise that we cant all be models, (thank God as those people are stick thin) and just be happy with yourself and make the best of yourself.

Oh and try that 30 Day Shred stuff (you can get a pack with "6 week 6 pack"), it will hurt but it will up your energy levels (trust me I'm a wannabee sloth too)