giving up.

Options

Replies

• Arestoktra
    Options
    You've already lost 41 lbs, don't be so cruel to yourself! Moreover, scale isn't everything, it cannot show other benefits of trying. You've already come a long way, why stop now? You look wonderful, please don't give up. Just try something else in terms of exercise and play around with your calorie intake. You really can do it.
  • soonernick
    soonernick Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you hit the dreaded "wall". Giving up is not an option. I've been there and I am doing the whole thing again because I quit. It sucks twice as bad when it is the second time. If what you are doing isn't working try something else. Challenge yourself and push yourself to go harder than you did the last time. You are doing great and remember that the scale is not moving up either!
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    You've already lost 41lbs. Maybe try eating more and stop thinking of it as a "diet". It needs to be a lifestyle change to be successful in the long run.
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    First let me tell you you are NOT giving up.
    People go through plateau all the time and no one ever escapes that a few things you can do.
    1. during this time don't look at the scale look at measurements. Also women have a higher water retension rate so don't worry about it..
    2. make sure you are eatng enough.
    3. Change up your routine completely once we do something muscle memory kicks in they they become lazy as a general rule switch it up every 6 weeks. if your doing simply more cardio thant strength training switch up to more strength training than cardio see if it helps kick start. If you are doing more strength training and cardio increase the intensity and maybe add some cardio. So much you can do.
    4. the closer you get to your goal the slower it takes. Focus on measurements more!
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You've already lost 41lbs. Maybe try eating more and stop thinking of it as a "diet". It needs to be a lifestyle change to be successful in the long run.

This. And from the look of your pictures I think you are trying to get rid of those pesky vanity pounds. You need to stop being negative, you need to take the necessary steps and speak to a professional nutritionist or PT. if giving up is your best option you are cheating yourself! After your done your pity party, slap yourself and wake the heck up! You have come SO far!
  • jumpinjose
    Options
    NEVER EVER GIVE UP ! (on anything - not just weight-loss) We are ALL rootin' for you! Also, are you taking your vitamins ? Vitamin D is a must for managing any type of "down&out" feelings. GINSENG works well too. If you are into teas there are lots of diferent kinds with ginseng. Give a shot. YOU WILL DO THIS! (you know you can!)
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    wow! just by reading this, I would have thought it was a 250 or 300 lb female talking. you look small in your pics. maybe these are other issues you need to deal with, almost sounds dangerous. hope you can overcome this
  • jumpinjose
    Options
    Hi
    I just sent a note a few min ago. I forgot to say that ginseng naturally gets your energy levels up. I can see a diference in my energy levels if I don't take it every day. Please don't just give up. You have come to far! GOOD LUCK !!
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    sounds like your depressed and need a visit to the doctor. get someone to hide the scales for a month. Keep on track, but dont let the numbers rule your life. It will start to drop again! x

1000 times this, get help even though you probably dont even think you need it. Lots of us have been there and look back to think wow, how did i not see i was ill.
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    First off, scales are evil!! Next, you've lost 41 pounds!! FABULOUS. Third, your accomplishments are something your children can look at with pride. Fourth, I truly believe that this is myFITNESSpal, not myDIETpal. Fifth, you look beautiful (no disrespect to you or your spouse), but really, smokin'!

Keep your head up and keep on going.
  • ashleywright144
    Options
    You look incredible. I took a look at your pictures and diary, eat a little more netting a little too less somedays. Be happy for what you have accomplished! Don't give up each day is another day to make a better choice.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    sounds like your depressed and need a visit to the doctor. get someone to hide the scales for a month. Keep on track, but dont let the numbers rule your life. It will start to drop again! x

1000 times this, get help even though you probably dont even think you need it. Lots of us have been there and look back to think wow, how did i not see i was ill.

Agree
  • dirtyloveletters
    Options
    Ranulph Fiennes ( possibly the best explorer Britain's ever known) says he hates exercising and a lot of the time he just doesnt want to get off the couch and go for a run. What he says he does is:

1) Stand up
    2) Walk towards his training shoes
    3) Put on the shoes
    4) Walk out the door
    5) Start walking
    6) Start running

By concentrating just on the little bit at a time he can get his demotivated butt out for a run. So, dont look at you currently overwhelming ultimate goal, but just aim to get up and then put on your shoes and then go outside. If nothing else, the fresh air will do you a lot of good. Trust me, hardly any of us want to exercise or diet. Many of us would love to sleep or watch TV or play on a video game, but if we were happy doign that then we would never have found this place.

So...get up and get out... and take care of yourself.

love this.
  • droberts3311
    Options
    Don't give up!! I feel the same way and that is ok, but the important thing is not to give up.....you have come a long way and you are in control. I eat right 98% of the time, I have people tell me I eat like a chicken and not enough. Try to exercise at least 30 minutes a day. But my scales do the same, weight can vary 4-6 pds!!
    Right there with you girl.

I try to change things up, such as eating differant foods, differant exercise and also differant time. Yetserday I started a 200 squat challange to give me a boost. We will see where that gets me. I have also tried to eat a little more, think of what you looked like before and how you felt. It will only get better by moving forward!!
  • RoxyLDN
    RoxyLDN Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    As other people have said before: I can't believe you are saying this! YOU HAVE ACHIEVED A LOT & YOU LOOK GREAT! Don't give up, but above all you need to tackle this low mood and low self-steem! Cheer up and take care! :flowerforyou:
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    until one month ago the scale hadn't really moved for me in 2 years.

That's right. 2 YEARS.

I didn't give up. No reason you should after 5 weeks.

(I also haven't lost as much as you by the way with over 10KG to go)

I would talk to a nutritionist if I were you and /or a therapist. You could be feeling bad because of what you are eating. But it can also be what's eating you.

xx
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about my fat. Some days I go somewhere and I start freaking out about how fat I am and then I don't want to get out of the car. It's a crappy feeling but don't give up. I am using it as motivation to get the fire under my *kitten*. I lost 8 pounds and I eat 2000 calories a day. Set your calories to your BMR and don't eat less because it will slow your metabolism and make you store fat. Try to track your measurements instead of weight sometimes you put on lean mass and eliminate fat but the scale won't move because muscle is heavier than fat.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you could be dealing with a bit of depression. Have you seen your doctor lately?
  • Iceylyons
    Iceylyons Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the awesome people here. You sound depressed, you are exhausted, which is only making everything else worse. Please talk to your doctor. You may not just need depression medication...it could be something as simple as a thyroid problem, Vitamin D deficiency, Low B12 (all of which I had together which made for a horrible mix). It could be any number of things, hun. I have to take 50,000 IU of Vitamin D a week and was taking weekly B12 shots. Plus I am on Welbutrin.

We are all here for you. Don't give up, that will depress you even worse! Trust me on this. Push through this plateau.

THROW THAT DAMNED SCALE AWAY!!! It's just putting you through torture. Don't use it and weigh yourself somewhere else on a regular basis. Please, trust us.....we have been there and understand what you are going through.

Let me ask you if someone else posted the same post...with all the accomplishments that you have achieved, what would your advice to them be? :indifferent:

I know you're venting and that's Awesome! You need to and that is what we are all here for! I might need you one day! Just vent and remember that you are beautiful, obviously very strong and determined, and that you aren't alone. Please just check yourself out with a doctor, you might've done some damage to your body not eating enough. Listen to the pros here...they have pushed through with so many success stories!

Please add me if you'd like. I know where you are coming from with the exception of the awesome 41lbs lost! Congrats!!
  • fyfi_fendir
    fyfi_fendir Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sounds like depression to me....

Looking at your picture... I hardly see where you are fat... I don't know what's your ideal weight, since we don't have your size or any other measurement... but you don't seem far off...

And I agree with everyone else... eating less than 1000 calories... that's abuse! you are killing yourself. Make this journey about being healthy, not about weight...