Cholesterol NSV!!!!

Options
The last two times I have gotten my cholesterol tested (2006 and 2011), my LDL was really low (which I believe is your good cholesterol). Apparently having a really low LDL is just as bad as having overall high cholesterol.

My Cholesterol/HDL Ratio was 5.0 one year ago, which was the max standard range. After a year of really focusing on getting healthy and losing the last 33 lbs of the 63 lbs I started trying to lose before I had two kids, it appears all the hard work paid off. My LDL is now out of the high risk zone and my Cholesterol/HDL Ration is now 4.1. My Triglycerides, HDL, and LDL are all within the healthy range :bigsmile:

Hmmmmm, there really is something to this healthy eating, cardio, and strength training. :tongue:

Replies

• hake0305
    hake0305 Posts: 8
    Options
    Congrats! There really are amazing side effects of eating healthy and working out beyond looking and feeling good. Being healthy from the inside will help ensure you'll live a long life and be able to be active with your children and even their children! :)
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    That is great! I had blood work done in December, and my LDL was also low, although everything else was normal. I am interested to see how mine will change!

Congrats!
  • lokin4deer
    lokin4deer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good job! Just an FYI HDL is you good cholestrol just remeber HDL is you Happy one : )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!