Stuck! I can't break through this weight

Options
So I have been struggling to lose these 2 pounds that are haunting me. I go from 155 to 157 every week and it is extremely frustrating. I work out everyday, sometimes twice a day and I eat pretty well too. I don't know why my body has just decided to stop losing weight.

I am curious as to how you all push past this plateau. I just feel that I have been at it for so long and nothing is happening.

Replies

• lizblizz28
    lizblizz28 Posts: 166
    Options
    Haha I'm kind of in the same boat, and it sucks! Except mine isn't really a plateau since this is where I started.....
    I'm trying my hardest to make healthy choices and exercise, but no matter what I do my weight just fluctuates between 154-158.
    If you figure things out please let me know!
  • xannic
    xannic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A couple of summers ago I moved home for a few months and I decided to get in shape. I joined a gym and was running up to 12 miles a week. I also started eating really well. It was pretty frustrating at first bc I wasn't seeing any immediate results but after 3 months, all of the sudden, I dropped 7 lbs and the results were finally showing up on my bod.
    Just don't let it discourage you! Don't think about the pounds, think more about this being a long term life change. They will start falling off before you know it!
  • CocoLuxe
    CocoLuxe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    SO I asked my trainer why I keep bouncing back and forth between weights and she gave me a good answer...water weight. I really didn't think about how much water I drink on a daily basis ( usually 10 cups or so). Well all that water adds on pounds, but it lost through sweat and urination ect. She also told me not to focus on the number since I should be gaining muscle and everything. The main focus should be visible results, like toning and how clothes are fitting. It made me feel more confident and motivated me to keep on this path.
  • PupyL
    PupyL Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear this. I am between 158-160 religiously--weather or not I eat right or exercise. I have to say I feel the same way. I have not gone anywhere on the scale since I started a week ago. Meticulous eating and daily exercise for the first time in a long while. It is discouraging. But at least I know it is making me a healthier person. And although it's not weight loss, it must account for something....
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I can't see your diary to evaluate your food, but it sounds like you are exercising too much. Your body should have at least 1 full day of rest each week (if not 2). I often lose weight on my rest days, believe it or not. Your body and muscles need that time to recuperate.
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day? If you aren't eating enough then that could be a reason? Make sure you are eating back your exercise calories too! :) Eat more to lose weight...I know, crazy.