Breakfast ideas!!!

Options
I need some filling breakfast ideas. I'm a girl that loves to eat which just means that I have to work out more to burn off the calories so I am looking for breakfast ideas that will keep me full but not necessarily be a lot of calories. RIght now I'm eating a bagel and a protein or breakfast bar, or a breakfast sandwich (Jimmy Dean D'Lights). Also, I don't like to get up early so something that is quick or I can prepare the night before would be lovely.

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Buy some Bob's Red Mill Granola. It's delicious plain, I dont even add milk to it. I usually eat 1 cup each morning, which has 10g protein and 8g fiber. Very filling.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I use a whole wheat wrap with light peanut butter and put a small banana inside.... roll, and VOILA! :smile:
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal!! I've made baked oatmeal cupcake things that are very delish and good for you!!!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Buy some Bob's Red Mill Granola. It's delicious plain, I dont even add milk to it. I usually eat 1 cup each morning, which has 10g protein and 8g fiber. Very filling.

Anything Red Mill is delish!
  • SinCity2003
    SinCity2003 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you like oatmeal, but the Quaker Instant (that comes in either the packets or the little cups) is quick, easy and relatively low in calories if you stick with the Maple & Brown Sugar or Apple Cinnamon (not the crazy new flavors loaded with calories LOL). I love that I just have to add some hot water (or microwave for 1:30) and I've got a filling breakfast that keeps me going until I can eat lunch!
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    I would have to say oatmeal. I eat it everyday and it keeps me full for a while and gets some good iron/protein/carbs/fiber in for the morning. Just watch the sugar. (Better oats has some no-sugar added ones for 100 cals a pack. Otherwise quaker has low sugar ... or make your own!) Oh, and I always use Silk instead of water. Mmmm so much better. Trust me.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    -Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Cereal with some Brown Sugar (I use a Tablespoon at 52 calories)

-Healthy Omlet:3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/4c green pepper, 1/4c spinach, 6 grape tomatoes sliced, 1/4c Mozzeralla cheese, spices to taste) 268 Calories and 30g protien
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    I don't know if you like oatmeal, but the Quaker Instant (that comes in either the packets or the little cups) is quick, easy and relatively low in calories if you stick with the Maple & Brown Sugar or Apple Cinnamon (not the crazy new flavors loaded with calories LOL). I love that I just have to add some hot water (or microwave for 1:30) and I've got a filling breakfast that keeps me going until I can eat lunch!

I seen some of the new flavors yesterday and was like laughing at how terrible they can make oatmeal for you. Something about a hot sticky bun...so many sugars it was not even funny.
  • Michelerainville
    Options
    Fresh Juice !
    All Bran Buds and milk
    Grapefruit - if eaten within 2 hours of awakening will super charge your metabolism
    low fat cottage cheese
    yogurt and fresh fruit
    Cantaloupe
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot of time in the morning to cook something so I generally go with a protein shake in the blender as I'm doing other things, peanut butter and jelly toast (toasting while I do other things), or a Jimmy Dean D'Lite cooking in the microwave (while I'm doing other things). I'm noticing a trend here!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I like making omelets. Usually I just use two whole eggs, but you could use egg whites or mix egg whites and whole eggs to have more with less calories. Anyways, I like adding spinach, mushrooms, tomato, and cheddar cheese. It's easy and filling and pretty low calorie (less than 300 usually).
  • cmel6334
    cmel6334 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Two scrambled eggs
    2 oz. grilled carne asada
    Two corn tortillas
    1/4 avacado
    Two tbls Sriracha hot sauce

Toast the corn tortillas over the stove add the rest! just over 400 cals and oh so good. I eat it just about every morning! I love eggs.
  • Monkeymomma05
    Options

I do this also but I add some Jay Robb Whey Protein powder(I like the vanilla) to it for the fill sensation to last longer and when I'm feeling like it needs a little something I add about 1/2 tsp of PB2 to it. Make sure to mix well so it incorporates and doesn't clump up.
  • breakbad
    breakbad Posts: 13
    Options
    Plain instant oatmeal with a tsp. of cinnamon (not cinnamon sugar). Three hard boiled egg whites. Kashi is usually good but you have to look at the contents. Body by Vi shakes are excellent.
  • alesnie
    alesnie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Could you send me that recipe?
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    I use a whole wheat wrap with light peanut butter and put a small banana inside.... roll, and VOILA! :smile:

Oh my gosh this sounds yummmmy! what a good idea!! mmmm!
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Protein pancake

1 whole egg
    3 egg whites
    30gms oats
    banana
    cinnamon (I like cinnamon so I add 1 1/2 tsps)
    Stick all ingredients in a blender then cook as normal pancake, I have an non-stick omelet pan so this makes 2-3 pancakes and it's about 300cals (all of em) I started to eat clean hence no processed sugar that's why the banana is in there, if you eat sugar as part of your diet then you could add some. I have tried these with other fruits but I like the banana the best!

ETA - these take only a few minutes to make and I tend to eat one as the next is cooking!
  • francis904
    francis904 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    my fave - with prep time

two eggo whole grain waffles (1.5 minutes)
    drizzled with lemon juice (6 seconds)
    chopped walnuts (like a tbsp) (2 seconds)
    bowl of strawberries (15 seconds)
    glass of 1% milk (10 seconds)
  • doinme2011
    doinme2011 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat a nutrigrain bar and a piece of fruit or I have a breakfast sandwich that I made up. It consists of:

1 Hungry Girl Flatout Bread 100 cals
    3 tbsp egg beaters 25 cals
    4 strips oscar mayer ready cook bacon 70 cals
    1/2 slice 2% milk kraft cheese(optional) 23 cals

I usually eat this around 9:30 or so and am completely satisfied until I have lunch at 1 p.m. I do not do any snacking in between breakfast and lunch:smile: