what is your favourite guilt free snack?

Options

Replies

• CarlaDye
    CarlaDye Posts: 17
    Options
    During the week, at work, iceberg lettuce wedges, cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Also keep Laughing Cow light Swiss in my desk drawer for those days I'm just starving. I also keep a Fiber One 90 chocolate fudge brownie and/or an Adkins caramel nut bar in my drawer for those days when I crave chocolate or candy. For me, its about finding "healthier" substitutes for the things I used to snack on.

I have a harder time on the weekend, since I have 4 teenage boys in the house and they chow down on the things typical teens eat.
  • HerHusbandTheirDaddy
    Options
    To me, any snack is guilt free if I saved enough calories for it. I am addicted to ice cream, so if I have 150 cals left, I will not hesitate to get a McDs ice cream cone for a buck. I am also cheap!
  • suziebaby36
    Options
    i make a big pot of sin free soup devide it into portions and freeze, take a tub out daily exactly for that time of day i find difficult ( late afternoon while dinner is being prepared/cooked.
    i use any free veg and stock cubes to make my soups, my fav at the moment is pastaless minestrone

chicken or veg stock, roughly chopped leek, carrot, celery and courgette, tinned chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, mixed Italian herbs and garlic simmer all ingredients until veg is cooked to your taste. a lovely chunky vegetable soup with very little calories.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i eat celery, zucchini, cucumbers, red bell peppers, sugar snap peas and mustard with total 100% reckless abandon.
    i eat rice cakes, popcorn, with about 70% reckless abandon
    apples, grapefruits, frozen grapes, about 50% reckless abandon
    peanut butter, nuts, etc about 10% reckless abandon.

everything in moderation, if you just want to MUNCH mindlessly without the guilt, choose veggies! ;D
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Almonds, pita n taboulli or babaganoush, or baby carrots n hummus..

This is my go-to snack!
  • scottishlass78
    Options
    Strawberries...One cup of strawberries contains over 13% of the RDA of dietary fiber, yet only 43 calories. The dietary fiber in strawberries helps to keep digestion regular, as well as lowers blood pressure and <b>curbs overeating</b>.
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I eat 2-3 clementines mid-afternoon. 3 are only 105 calories and all the fiber in them fill be up. Also, they are nice and sweet if I'm having a sugar craving in the afternoon.
  • mattpusateri
    mattpusateri Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Watermelon... surprisingly low-calorie and packed with vitamins & antioxidants...
    http://healthmad.com/nutrition/10-health-benefits-of-watermelon/
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    A banana!
  • downhomechik
    Options
    awesome - keep 'em coming.

i need to snack so that i don't raid the fridge while dinner is cooking! hahah - the cherry tomatoes or grapes usually are the victims, but i need to stop this and plan a proper snack that keeps me going all the way through :D

not really a fan of cottage cheese though - any ideas to jazz it up a bit?

Pineapple w/ cottage cheese is amazing!!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    my favorite 4 pm / 1 am snack will always be milk and strawberries. It feels decadent and sexy and its such a childlike treat to eat with your fingers and get a milk moustache. Like it SHOULD be 6000 calories but its not. If im extra specially into my food that day, i will drizzle with honey or lemon juice/a tsp of sugar/splenda
  • catherine_rose
    Options
    Plain Alpro yoghurt and some grapes/berries
    80g of yoghurt and 30g of blackberries= 56calories (and a portion of fruit) almost unbelievable
  • hbkanumalla
    hbkanumalla Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Again, most of the snacks I enjoy are already on here, but I'll list them out. :)

- melon (I haven't met a melon I didn't like yet...)
    - mangos (fruit and the skin)
    - grape tomatoes
    - Yogurt (current yogurt of choice is Wallaby Lowfat Organic)
    - cheese (preferably the sargento sticks like Colby Jack, Cheddar, and Mozz)
    - Smoothie (vanilla yogurt, choc protein powder, frozen mango...yum!)
    - veggies and hummus

....hmmm....think that's it.
  • sexyrosey
    sexyrosey Posts: 137
    Options
    Grape tomatoes still wet with 1tbsp lite ranch in a bowl, the ranch covers them just enough so yummy and not many calories :smile:
  • brandillyn
    brandillyn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Green Seedless Grapes. I pop them like candy!!!

This one ^^ come to think of it.. I'm out! :o
  • Jaybird68
    Jaybird68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    100 calorie bag of microwave popcorn
  • KP5555
    KP5555 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Dannon Light and Fit Yogert (blueberry) &
    seedless grapes either green or red.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Almonds and lf cottage cheese!!!

FYI, Nordica CC if you like them on FB you get a coupon for a free tub! *Nordica is only in Canada.

I have 3oz of baby carrots in the afternoon to get my vitamin A intake in and satisfy some minor hunger with a big crunch (psychologically satisfying)
  • Abigaillee15
    Options
    Cantaloupe, strawberries, grapes. Almost any kind of fruit!

I would say almonds, but it's hard to limit to one serving size!
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    strawberries with truvia! So yummy. I also love strawberries cut up with banana slices.