When does everyone work out

Options
I'm always curious when it is that everyone finds the time to works out.....Personally I always had problems finding time to go to the gym, luckily I recently switched jobs and ended up with an office that as a complete gym in it, locker room and shower included! So now everyday from 1-2 I get my @ss to the gym. Definitely a life saver for me. I also have a gym membership less than 2 miles from home that I use about 3 times a week.

So when do you all find the time to go?

Replies

• jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Oh I'd LOVE to have that at work!

I have the next best thing. There's a 24hr directly across the street. I change in my office and workout during my lunch break -- I get a solid 55 minutes in, which doesn't sound like much, but every second is balls to the wall!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I work out at home. Usually at 7 PM when the baby goes to bed or 8 PM when the big kids go to bed. I personally could never work out at work. No way I would want to shower and do my hair TWICE in a day, plus my face is bright red for a long time after I work out. That would be embarrassing at work!
  • Arani70
    Arani70 Posts: 84
    Options
    I work out when ever I get the chance.

I hate mornings though so I generally leave it till the evenings and have a late dinner (around 9 - 10pm)
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love working out in the morning before work. It gives me more energy and I know that if I want to be done working out for the day, I can be. Sometimes I go back after work too. My gym has classes at 5:30 am, and I love it! :)
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I work out at home. Usually at 7 PM when the baby goes to bed or 8 PM when the big kids go to bed. I personally could never work out at work. No way I would want to shower and do my hair TWICE in a day, plus my face is bright red for a long time after I work out. That would be embarrassing at work!

I go back to work looking like I jumped in the pool with my clothes on. It's either that, or don't work out. Gotta do whatcha gotta do!
  • kford12
    kford12 Posts: 112
    Options
    I workout at home with DVDs. I originally started doing them after work in the evenings, but most of the time it's the last thing I wanted to do when I got in?!

Now I get up earlier and do 25mins of 30DS before work. I love working out on an empty stomach and it really wakes me up and gives me a boost first thing. Much better! Also, I leave work knowing that I have done my exercise for the day! :happy:

I supplement it with walking, with which I walk from the car to work (about 30mins) each way. I prefer to 'incorporate' exercise into my normal day as much as possible rather than taking time out to do it (other than in the morning). :smile:
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Today i couldn't sleep, so it was @ 3:30 AM. But usually it's 5AM
  • RKNR
    RKNR Posts: 30
    Options
    I workout @ 2:00 everyday, but lately I have really started to like the 9 am workouts.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am a home school mom and try to fit it in when I can, so it varies from day to day. I prefer late morning, before lunch.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I work out in the evenings on weekdays and mornings on weekends, and it's not because I feel my best at these times or whatever. It's a matter of convenience.
  • flibberdajibbitt
    flibberdajibbitt Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I work from home (daycare) and have a 3 yr old son....so my options are: Early morning or late at night. I get up at 5:30 am and work out on the treadmill or with the xbox in the basement.
  • shaX07
    shaX07 Posts: 28
    Options
    I work Mon-Fri 7:30am - 4pm and I go before work, from about 6-7am and it has really worked out well. I am much more inclined to go before work rather than after.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options

I go back to work looking like I jumped in the pool with my clothes on. It's either that, or don't work out. Gotta do whatcha gotta do!

Oh yes, I wouldn't likely think twice seeing someone else at work that had just worked out but for some reason, I'm too self conscious myself to do it!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I also have a work gym so I do some sort of cardio on my lunch hour for about an hour and then I go at night and lift for about an hour. Right now my workout plan is 6 days a week but sometimes I do 7 days or on busy weeks I may go less.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    It would be nice to do it first thing in the morning, but I am not going to wake up at 5am or earlier work out before 8-5 work. I do it after work around 6 pm. Weekends around 9 am.
  • artsyalice
    artsyalice Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've tried to do mornings but just can't. I'm just not a morning person, so the only other time I have is 7-8 to start. I work full time so my baby goes down at 7 ish and I try to start by 7:30. My husband puts the kids down while I work out. then I shower and just have to get up and dressed/do hair in the morning. It seems to be working so far but I'm just getting started!