Beautiful Blue Team WEEK 15

Options

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I just tried to do another day of C25k but my shins are STILL killing me from a week and a half ago. Grrr. I'll have to reclaim my area of the basement that's filled with fake trees and broken tvs so I can do some dvds again.

:flowerforyou:

I feel your pain - really! Been suffering with shin splints myself. Sani posted a link and advice last week which has made a HUGE difference. I can actually walk downstairs without pain rather than oohing and awhing with each step. My 4-year-old was starting to call me Mommy Ooh :laugh: Hope yours get better too!

I think I also realized that it's the sidewalks that are doing most of the damage, to me. There are so many 'courts' through our neighbor hood so the sidwalks are constantly sloping up and down to meet the street and so I'm not running on a consistant surface. LIke one step is on a completely different level than the next and I think it's just making it a bit too high impact. I think I'm just gonna start running on the side of the road and see if that helps.
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just tried to do another day of C25k but my shins are STILL killing me from a week and a half ago. Grrr. I'll have to reclaim my area of the basement that's filled with fake trees and broken tvs so I can do some dvds again.

:flowerforyou:

I feel your pain - really! Been suffering with shin splints myself. Sani posted a link and advice last week which has made a HUGE difference. I can actually walk downstairs without pain rather than oohing and awhing with each step. My 4-year-old was starting to call me Mommy Ooh :laugh: Hope yours get better too!

Oh man! I never would have thought of that. Do you have access to a level surface somewhere to run?

I think I also realized that it's the sidewalks that are doing most of the damage, to me. There are so many 'courts' through our neighbor hood so the sidwalks are constantly sloping up and down to meet the street and so I'm not running on a consistant surface. LIke one step is on a completely different level than the next and I think it's just making it a bit too high impact. I think I'm just gonna start running on the side of the road and see if that helps.
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The blues must be out having a great weekend, no one seems to be chatting today.

Well i have great news! After 5 years of trying I am pregnant with my 2nd child. I am dying to tell people but i am so early we are waiting to tell family and friends, so I decided to tell my on line buddies.

I will probably loose more weight for awhile with the morning sickness. Especially if it is anything like my first pregnancy. That was horrible. I am hoping to only gain 10-20 pounds at the most during the pregnancy. I am going to carefully watch myself and make sure i am doing everything healthy. See you take off 61 pounds and miracles do happen.:happy:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    The blues must be out having a great weekend, no one seems to be chatting today.

Well i have great news! After 5 years of trying I am pregnant with my 2nd child. I am dying to tell people but i am so early we are waiting to tell family and friends, so I decided to tell my on line buddies.

I will probably loose more weight for awhile with the morning sickness. Especially if it is anything like my first pregnancy. That was horrible. I am hoping to only gain 10-20 pounds at the most during the pregnancy. I am going to carefully watch myself and make sure i am doing everything healthy. See you take off 61 pounds and miracles do happen.:happy:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Congrats!!!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options

Whoohoo!!! Congrats! :drinker:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Just make sure you're eating enough. You're allowed 30lbs of weight gain. Soooo, I'm still sore. Still miserable. Can't exercise:explode:, going over my cals:explode: , gaining weight:explode: and sleeping all the time:explode: So I've been reading the thread, just in no mood to post.
    I do want to say a big congrats to all of you though. And RACH! 17 lbs gone since you dumped that guy-see I told ya that was the prob!:glasses: Now if I could only solve my own issues!:frown: Anyway-new start again. Most crap is out of the house now-YES, I ATE IT TO GET RID OF IT-but there will be no more. My youngest is a sugar addict too, but she's athletic and tiny, I told her I just don't want her to have to deal with the issues like I do when I hit 40!:noway: It never stops raining here!:yawn:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am going to work closly with my dr to make sure I am doing everything the right way. This time will hopefully be a lot better, but i am just so tired lately. I am still able to run the 5K next weekend, it will probably take me a little longer though since my endurance is not what it was, but i will finish it.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options

Congratulations!!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am going to work closly with my dr to make sure I am doing everything the right way. This time will hopefully be a lot better, but i am just so tired lately. I am still able to run the 5K next weekend, it will probably take me a little longer though since my endurance is not what it was, but i will finish it.

Woo Hoo, and congrats! A 5k pregnant is not something I have ever tried, but I sure wouldn't mind trying. :laugh: Good luck with it and I wish you well with everything. I gained 8 lbs at the beginning of my last pregnancy. I eat when I feel sick. Just take it easy and don't over do. But enjoy!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hey Blues!!

alapoint - congrats on the pregnancy!! :flowerforyou: I'm pretty close to 61 lbs too, I better watch out!! :laugh: LOL!! Seriously, though, congrats to you & your family. Take care & keep healthy!

Rach - love the new pic!! Your hair looks amazing!!

Kath - hang in there girl!! You're awesome!! Feel better, okay??!!!

Everyone - have a great day & kick some butt!!

:drinker: Sandy
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options

That's wonderful! Congratulations and healthy mom/baby vibes coming your way :flowerforyou:
  • Leigh14
    Options
    I was angry and frustrated over losing and gaining the same two or three pounds over the last month or so... and FINALLY this Saturday I was down from 245 to 242!! The lowest I've been in years and 22 pounds away from the last amount I remember weighing in high school. I think I could've cried. I'm hoping for 2 more pounds this week... keeping my fingers crossed! If I want to wear a hot Halloween costume, I've got lots and lots and lots of work to do! And then some! :laugh:

I know it's a little far off... but... if any of you dress up for Halloween... what are you gonna be?? :flowerforyou:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I had a horrible eating weekend. I attended a dessert bar put on by my sister-in-law to celebrate the fact that she hadn't eaten sugar in a year. It seems crazy to me and I didn't want to go--but I did and it was the beginning of the end for my good eating for two days. Of course the sweets at the dessert bar were not the tastiest so I had to go out and get the ones I really wanted--and actually taste good. If I am going to be bad it better taste good. Right? :blushing: :noway: :grumble: :mad:
    So after my weekend of binging and being horribly bad, I have realized that I still have a goal to meet in 3 weeks, and I know I can do it if I just keep it in check. So to prove to myself that I can do it. I actually ran on the treadmill for 30 min straight today. It was only 4.8 mph, but that is the best I have done yet! :smokin: :bigsmile: I now have 1000 calories to eat for dinner and I am not even hungry. I really know I can do this. I just have to keep my mind in the game. No more dessert bars for me!!Next time I will avoid family and stay home and put my son down for a nap, like I should have in the first place. :tongue:
    I hope everyone's weekend was more productive than mine, although I have to admit that I didn't gain any weight as of this morning, and I was extremely surprised!
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I think I have been eating better, which may make up a little for my not exercising today. I haven't snacked at night in a few days. I just have to keep telling myself I'm not eating out of hunger, I'm eating out of boredom. It's true, and it's wrong to do.

debnu - your sister-in-law didn't eat sugar for a year? How is that possible?
  • Leigh14
    Options
    I had a horrible eating weekend. I attended a dessert bar put on by my sister-in-law to celebrate the fact that she hadn't eaten sugar in a year. It seems crazy to me and I didn't want to go--but I did and it was the beginning of the end for my good eating for two days. Of course the sweets at the dessert bar were not the tastiest so I had to go out and get the ones I really wanted--and actually taste good. If I am going to be bad it better taste good. Right? :blushing: :noway: :grumble: :mad:
    So after my weekend of binging and being horribly bad, I have realized that I still have a goal to meet in 3 weeks, and I know I can do it if I just keep it in check. So to prove to myself that I can do it. I actually ran on the treadmill for 30 min straight today. It was only 4.8 mph, but that is the best I have done yet! :smokin: :bigsmile: I now have 1000 calories to eat for dinner and I am not even hungry. I really know I can do this. I just have to keep my mind in the game. No more dessert bars for me!!Next time I will avoid family and stay home and put my son down for a nap, like I should have in the first place. :tongue:
    I hope everyone's weekend was more productive than mine, although I have to admit that I didn't gain any weight as of this morning, and I was extremely surprised!

Dessert bar?!?! I think that's the 11th commandment. "Thou shalt not have a dessert bar. Ever. The end." :wink:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I think I have been eating better, which may make up a little for my not exercising today. I haven't snacked at night in a few days. I just have to keep telling myself I'm not eating out of hunger, I'm eating out of boredom. It's true, and it's wrong to do.

I can't even seem to stay in my daily allowance....if anyone has some pointers....
  • hmo4
    Options

I can't even seem to stay in my daily allowance....if anyone has some pointers....

Don't count your fruit sugars. Those are good sugars and are allowed. MFP doesn't sort good and bad sugars out. At least that I've heard most do. Is it weigh in day?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

Don't count your fruit sugars. Those are good sugars and are allowed. MFP doesn't sort good and bad sugars out. At least that I've heard most do. Is it weigh in day?

tomorrow is weigh in...

Thanks for the tip!
  • fitgal411
    Options

Yeah, I almost NEVER stay in my sugar goals. I do eat a lot of fruit, so maybe that's it.
  • hmo4
    Options
    Absolutely. And if it's healthy, like skim milk, which us ladies need our Calcium, I don't worry about it either. I had a better day today-got lots done today even though still sore. Shoulder is bad-still can't exercise! But, I ate very well today.:bigsmile: so I'm happy.