24 pounds lighter......this long and only this? 5'2 with pic

Options
fatgottago
fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
Hello everyone. I am feeling a little discouraged today and thought I would take before and after pics. I started awhile back but only got serious the last two months. I have been overweight my entire life and frankly I am sick of it. I guess the light bulb moment just went off one day when I was really looking in the mirrow. You know when your fat you never look past your neck. I look at my face and try to find qualities in it that I like. I like my eyes. That is it. One thing in my entire body and the only thing I like is my eyes? So one day I stood in the mirror butt naked and looked at all of me. What I saw disgusted me so much that I started crying right then and there. I had to do something, so I got back on MFP.

At first I cheated and didn't really try, but then we had a little contest in our town and I really tried. I started walking. I walked every day but Sunday. It is so slow to come off. I am really tired of being the fat girl. I really am tired of being everyone's buddy ole pal. I know I am married, have been for 19 years. But you know, I NEED to feel sexy and loved. I am not losing weight to be sexy by no means and I am doing it to be healthy. BUT I do need my self confidence back you know.

I am still trying hard I have SO MUCH TO LOSE.........so this is me now. I can tell a difference and it encourages me. Maybe we can encourage each other since Easter is coming up and all that good food and candy........I see this and I don't want it. I can't wait to meet the new me. It's a start anyway.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee178/Tress1975/ProgressPicApril201220poundsgone-1.jpg

Replies

• SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep pushing. And Happy Easter to you :flowerforyou:
  • norariz
    norariz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!!!!!!! Keep it up. :flowerforyou:
  • JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You have done so well to have lost 24 pounds so far :) You should be proud of yourself.

I know exactly how you feel regarding your body. I haven't looked at myself naked in the mirror for years. My body disgusts me. I'm horrified by it. I have zero self confidence in myself and I am really and truly sick of it all.

Feel free to add me if you'd like :)

You're doing amazingly well. Just take it one day at a time. Set yourself mini goals to keep things interesting :)
  • tsegears
    tsegears Posts: 94
    Options
    Your pictures didn't post, but I copied your link and put it in the url and I could see them. You look great! I know the weight lost process is hard and challenging, but do not give up. You are on the right track, and more importantly, there are so many health benefits to losing weight, so keep up the good work that you have already started!

13107194.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • fatgottago
    Options
    You have done so well to have lost 24 pounds so far :) You should be proud of yourself.

I know exactly how you feel regarding your body. I haven't looked at myself naked in the mirror for years. My body disgusts me. I'm horrified by it. I have zero self confidence in myself and I am really and truly sick of it all.

Feel free to add me if you'd like :)

You're doing amazingly well. Just take it one day at a time. Set yourself mini goals to keep things interesting :)

Thanks everyone.....we have to encourage each other. Sometimes you can't see the loss in the mirrow that is why it is soooo important for pictures.....
  • eevg
    eevg Posts: 2
    Options
    You are doing awesome! I can relate to a lot of what you are saying. But you have to remember that no matter how thin you are, true beauty is what comes from within. So don't forget to nurture the beauty from within. Keep going, you are motivation to me!
  • gavintri
    gavintri Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Great work. keep it up
  • vyanadevi
    vyanadevi Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You are half way to your goal. Keep it up. You look great!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Wow, 24 pounds! Congratulations on reaching such an awesome milestone. You are doing a great job, obviously. Don't get discouraged. The weight didn't come on overnight, so we can't expect it to disappear that way.

You look awesome, there is a really big difference in the pictures. I bet you feel stronger and can walk farther also. I bet your clothes are getting loose and you have had to buy some new ones. Have you taken any measurements? I find this helps also. Sometimes the inches disappear before the pounds, so just another way for you to see your progress.

Keep at it! You are obviously doing something right!

Oh, and you DO have lovely eyes!
  • s0ready
    s0ready Posts: 99
    Options
    You look so fabulous!!!! and your at your half way point of your goal....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You definetly earned this!!
  • fatgottago
    Options
    Wow, 24 pounds! Congratulations on reaching such an awesome milestone. You are doing a great job, obviously. Don't get discouraged. The weight didn't come on overnight, so we can't expect it to disappear that way.

You look awesome, there is a really big difference in the pictures. I bet you feel stronger and can walk farther also. I bet your clothes are getting loose and you have had to buy some new ones. Have you taken any measurements? I find this helps also. Sometimes the inches disappear before the pounds, so just another way for you to see your progress.

Keep at it! You are obviously doing something right!

Oh, and you DO have lovely eyes!

YES!!!! I am walking 2 1/2 miles, but it still takes me 45 minutes. I am in a 20, I was in a 22/24. My 20's are starting to get loose!!!!! What made me happy was I was in a paddle boat with a 23 year old and she was tired and wanted to go back and I wasn't even sweating!!! LOL

We all just need to be reminded why we are doing this and not quit!!!!!!!!!!! I havn't walked in a week. I need some new shoes, but I am going to start back Saturday. I want to run a 5K so bad I can taste it!!!! Thanks ya'll it means a lot that I have ya'll here...
  • cmyw
    cmyw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look great... It shows how much you lost.. Keep it up and enjoy the long weekend...
  • kluvfreddy
    kluvfreddy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! You look beautiful. How much weight have you lost so far? Keep it up.
  • fatgottago
    Options
    Thanks, it is really not that much, but the walking I think has helped.
  • MrsRobinson85
    Options
    You know what - I feel the same way sometimes. I can lose 10Ibs and look in the mirror and not see ANY change at all. It is the most frustrating feeling in the world. Take some comfort in knowing that you DO look different to other people ... especially those who aren't close to you, and don't see you everyday. I have suspicions that there are people in my life who actually want me to feel like I look the same, because they don't want me flaunting my weight loss. It is very inadvertently hurtful. I think you should go out and get a new outfit that fits your new form and then you will REALLY be able to tell. Don't let anyone else's reaction bring you down, and you DO deserve to feel sexy.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am feeling a little discouraged today and thought I would take before and after pics. I started awhile back but only got serious the last two months. I have been overweight my entire life and frankly I am sick of it. I guess the light bulb moment just went off one day when I was really looking in the mirrow. You know when your fat you never look past your neck. I look at my face and try to find qualities in it that I like. I like my eyes. That is it. One thing in my entire body and the only thing I like is my eyes? So one day I stood in the mirror butt naked and looked at all of me. What I saw disgusted me so much that I started crying right then and there. I had to do something, so I got back on MFP.

At first I cheated and didn't really try, but then we had a little contest in our town and I really tried. I started walking. I walked every day but Sunday. It is so slow to come off. I am really tired of being the fat girl. I really am tired of being everyone's buddy ole pal. I know I am married, have been for 19 years. But you know, I NEED to feel sexy and loved. I am not losing weight to be sexy by no means and I am doing it to be healthy. BUT I do need my self confidence back you know.

I am still trying hard I have SO MUCH TO LOSE.........so this is me now. I can tell a difference and it encourages me. Maybe we can encourage each other since Easter is coming up and all that good food and candy........I see this and I don't want it. I can't wait to meet the new me. It's a start anyway.

ProgressPicApril201220poundsgone-1.jpg

Should be able to see pic now... there is definitely a noticeable difference! Keep it up!

P.S. I'm 5'3" and I was a 20/22 when I started, and am currently a 12/14.
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • kathy2jeffrey
    Options
    Way to go, you look amazing! I'm also 5'2" and know that any weight gain you tend to look even bigger then most people, it's discouraging! I say Slow and Steady wins the race, I'm living by that.. I've taking 16 pounds off, but it's took me a year and aiming for 10 more this year. I set a goal with a friend, We both promised to run 500 miles this year, I struggled at first but now I'm logging in the miles both on treadmill and the Precor/ Eliptical Machine and can feel the difference my body is taking on.. When setting goals with a friend, it keeps you honest.. Keep up the great work, and keep posting :)
  • djean2
    djean2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh how I see myself in you 20, 30 years ago. I will tell you what I wish I could have told me. Don’t wait for perfection to embrace your beauty, your femininity, your sexiness. Yes, you will look even better as you loose weight, but you are beautiful right now. You do not need to try to hide in those bulky shirts because you are a beautiful sexy woman now. Enjoy the ride. When those thoughts slip in that you are too fat remind yourself that you are a beautiful work in progress that just keeps getting better and better.
  • ChefTamiCinNC
    ChefTamiCinNC Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My motto is that I did not put it on quick so it is probably not going to come off quick. Just hang in there and do not be discouraged! You have lost 24 pounds! I can't wait to get to that point! Keep up the great work....hey I messed up today. Proves I have no will power when not with someone else! Drove through Arby's for lunch. Knew I was getting the roasted chicken sandwich, plain. Was only going to eat a bite or two of the bread. Did that! However, I ordered the combo because I wanted a Diet Dr. Pepper forgetting that those darn curly fries would also be in the bag! Should have just thrown them out of the window but instead I ate every last one of them! They just had to be fresh out of the grease, hot and smelling so good! Well, I have dusted myself off and I am going to prepare a great veggie plate for dinner and get back on track! Hope my slip up helps you realize you can't do it right every day! 24 pounds is great! Keep us posted on your progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!