Hi there!

Options
I am new to this site and just wanted to make a post introducing myself! My name is Autumn. I have a 71/2 month old son. I am currently 235. My short term goal is 200 by december 26th (my son's first birthday and my pre pregnancy weight). My long term goal is 140 (which is healthy on a BMI scale and where I felt most comfortable). I would love to meet new friends on here as well! :happy:

Replies

• shelltob
    Options
    I am also just starting as well, I am 5'1" and 173 lbs. I would love to be back to a size 10 - whatever weight that may be. I need to loose about 40 lbs to be at an acceptable BMI - I just can't seem to keep motivated :0 ahhhh! hopefully we can keep each other motivated.

I am a mother of 3 - 10, 13 (in Sept) and 23 - so I am not a new mom but my weight is more now than when I delivered my 1st son!!~
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome I joined about almost 3 weeks ago. I am the Mom of a 23 year old son and a almost 13 year old daughter. Sound like you have very reasonable goals in mind but remember that some weeks you lose more and some weeks less or not at all. You are striving for a better healther you so keep that goal in mind and dont get discouraged.
    pam
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Welcome "newest batch of newbies" to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • nobleps
    nobleps Posts: 95
    Options
    Hello and Welcome :flowerforyou:
    MFP is the greatest diet aid tool I have ever found. :heart: :bigsmile: If I had to write all this stuff down....well..you know- I haven't got the time, much less remember. :grumble: Keep yourself accountable. Look up calories in foods your not sure about. Processed sugars and HFCS high fructose syrup are bad! :explode: Stay away from fast foods unless you know how many calories and what kind are in them. :noway: This is really about changing your life and way you eat forever. :flowerforyou: :drinker: Grabbing food for comfort or boredom is no longer an option! :noway: You must be aware of what, when and where you are eating. :happy: So get started! Get psyched! Get pumped! Grab your water bottles for plenty of filling/flushing H2O! :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :smooched:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • shelltob
    Options
    thank you. day 2. It is amazing how when you record the food you eat how it brings on a new view. the 4 vanilla creme cookies I had yesterday put me over my calories, so today I just don't have the cookies!!!!! Thank you for your support.