hello everyone

Options
i am new to this site and i figure after watching my girlfriend and all of her sucess from the site i would give it a try. i am finding that i need to do somthing my cholesterol and other levels are dangerously high my doctor used the works Ticking Time Bomb.

Replies

• cooper03
    cooper03 Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome aboard. You can do it!!!!:happy: This site is awesome :bigsmile: You will have lots of support here!!!

Philippians 4:13
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome baby! I'm glad to have a riding buddy now. Hope you like it here:heart:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    i am new to this site and i figure after watching my girlfriend and all of her sucess from the site i would give it a try. i am finding that i need to do somthing my cholesterol and other levels are dangerously high my doctor used the works Ticking Time Bomb.

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • nobleps
    nobleps Posts: 95
    Options
    Hello and Welcome :flowerforyou:
    MFP is the greatest diet aid tool I have ever found. :heart: :bigsmile: If I had to write all this stuff down....well..you know- I haven't got the time, much less remember. :grumble: Keep yourself accountable. Look up calories in foods your not sure about. Processed sugars and HFCS high fructose syrup are bad! :explode: Stay away from fast foods unless you know how many calories and what kind are in them. :noway: This is really about changing your life and way you eat forever. :flowerforyou: :drinker: Grabbing food for comfort or boredom is no longer an option! :noway: You must be aware of what, when and where you are eating. :happy: So get started! Get psyched! Get pumped! Grab your water bottles for plenty of filling/flushing H2O! :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :smooched:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: