Heart Rate Monitor suggestions Please...

Options
Can anyone give me a decent priced HRM that works well? And where to buy them? (Ebay, Walmart, fitness store etc). I'm completely clueless about them! :happy: Thanks!

Replies

• twilight1542
    Options
    I read a lot of great things about Polar F4 & F6-they both come with chest straps. Polar is carried in a lot of places like Target & any sporting goods store. I ended up opting for the F6 b/c of the extra features it has. I got it for about $90 from SportsAuthority.com. I LOVE IT! Best $ I've spent in a long time. But if that's out of your price, search the forums for HRM & you'll find tons of threads with suggestions for cheaper ones. BTW-whichever one you choose, look at for sales b/c they go on sale quite a bit & oftentimes sporting goods stores have %off coupons that can save you more $.

Good Luck!
  • karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Great advice...THANK YOU!!!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Yup I've got the F6 too and its worth the money thats for sure... I found mine on amazon.com for about the same price. I use mine for everything and it works great and it makes you push yourself too! :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I also just got a Polar F6. Be careful of where you buy it. I believe I read that the warranty is good only if you buy it from an officially authorized Polar dealer (just look up Polar and you'll find the authorized dealers).
  • CristinaMunoz
    Options
    How do these work? I have read a lot of posts but I guess just havent done the research can anyone give me the quick version? Thanks!:bigsmile:
  • lulubenmom
    Options
    my favourite is the epulse. It goes on your forearm and doesn't require a chest band. It can continually show your HR while you work out and keeps track of calories and work out time. I bought it on Amazon.
  • corky882002
    Options
    I have a proform Xt which is the same as the Reebok PRecision XT. It was $30 on buy.com and I love it. I can change the batteries myself on the chest strap and the batteries are available anywhere. I don't do anything fancy except keep track of my calories but I know it can do alot more.

hth

Corky
  • nali_12
    nali_12 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have a suunto t3 (which is still sold in some stores, but many only carry the t4 now). It's definitely one that you need to skim the manual but once you do that it's pretty cool. It has a training effect that keeps a log of all your workouts, including hr with your avg and peak hr, calories, time, there's a whole list. The chest strap never bothers me and it's cool to be able to quickly glance down and see your hr and calories. It also will rate how hard your workout was. Mine was a returned item to REI so it was pretty cheap but normally they run about $150-200 I think. Ebay or Craigslist may be a good spot to check though. Hope that helps! Good luck.