Eating the same thing?

Options
Hey everyone! I'm just wondering if eating the same thing everyday can affect your weight loss! I'm not sure how, but I wanted to be sure. This is a normal day for me:

Breakfast: toast with jelly, applesauce, 2 hard-boiled eggs without the yolk, banana or apple and a cheesestick or fruit strip

Lunch: sandwich, celery or carrots, yogurt, apple, cheesestick or fruit strip

I think my diary is public! I have not been losing any weight after working so hard so I am just wondering! I also did just read about having to up calories and making your net weight more. I would be eating 1200 and exercising off at least 500-1100. Discovered this was not good so if you look at my diary I am trying to change that!

Thanks!

Replies

• janiew5
    janiew5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, just wondering are you exercising along with your eating ? I do alot of different exercises. Spinning, walking, jogging,sprints, DVD workouts, kinect. Not only does it keep you challenged, but it makes exercise fun, it dosent get all boring on you. And of course strength training will increase your calorie burn long after your done. Don't give up on yourself. I'm sure your worth it! :)
  • yocaitygee
    Options
    I am doing tons of working out! Elliptical is my favorite for a good burn, but also walking and workout DVDs and I am a part of the YMCA so I go to three different ones for different classes including Yoga, Zumba, Hoopdio and some of their other really challenging ones and also have some strength training in there, I will add more and I have started swimming some! And thanks! :)
  • janiew5
    Options
    Well certainly sounds like you have that part covered! Good job! I use a lot of different light recipe cookbooks and am frequently cutting out recipes from magazines. I don't know if you like to cook much , but maybe that would help you get some new healthy changes to add to your diet, well good luck! Work nights gotta get some zzz's
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Look at my diary, I LITERALLY eat almost the same breakfast/lunch every day. This helps me keep track of my food mentally and I've read that eating the same foods helps with weight loss. Yeah sometimes it gets boring, but it works for me.

Personally, I just like to keep to a habit, plus it tastes good. Anyway, I've lost 75 lbs along with exercise.
  • janiew5
    Options
    Well certainly sounds like you have that part covered! Good job! I use a lot of different light recipe cookbooks and am frequently cutting out recipes from magazines. I don't know if you like to cook much , but maybe that would help you get some new healthy changes to add to your diet, well good luck! Work nights gotta get some zzz's
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I cook in bulk on the weekends so I tend to eat a lot of the same foods during the week. It doesn't bother me at all. I like the predictability and it helps me plan my calories.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Your diary is not public.

Based on what you are eating, I'd say you aren't eating enough... if you are exercising as much as you say, you probably need more food.
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast, lunch and dinner just about every single day and I workout 7 days a week. I also make sure to drink 10 glasses of water a day- I have two glasses of water with each meal and at least 4 more glasses throughout the day.

I haven't gotten bored with my menu yet, and it's been 5 months of the same meals! It helps me stay focused and makes it feel more like part of my daily routine, which helps to keep the cravings away.
    I think eating the same food everyday has helped me to lose weight, but it's mainly because of the type of food I eat and the amount :)