110 days here and not losing!

Options
I have been here for over 3 1/2 months. And I have only " lost" 2 lbs. I am 5' 6 3/4 and 155.5 lbs. Before work out I have 1240 cals and I usually burn about 600-800 (according to my HRM) a work out. 3- 5 days a week. And I am hungry and usually eat most if not all my work out cals back. I will give you my diary code if you want to look at my food diary and think you can help.

Replies

• chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing, then change things up.

What type of workouts are you doing? Are you lifting weights?

What are you eating? Have you cut out processed foods? How's your sodium intake? Have you tried low carb?

Have you tried calorie cycling?
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    All very good questions @chacha

A few more questions:

- Are you tracking your sugar intake?
    - Are you eating too much dairy?
    -Are your meats lean or fatty?
    - How much water are you getting?
    -Your profile says you're a long distance runner- have you tried HIIT training?
    -What time of day are you working out? Perhaps try splitting your work out so you do 1 at the beginning of the day and the other at the end of the day.

Don't give up! You can do it. Feel free to send me your diary pin if you want more help. :flowerforyou:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,614 Member
    Options
    I have been here for over 3 1/2 months. And I have only " lost" 2 lbs. I am 5' 6 3/4 and 155.5 lbs. Before work out I have 1240 cals and I usually burn about 600-800 (according to my HRM) a work out. 3- 5 days a week. And I am hungry and usually eat most if not all my work out cals back. I will give you my diary code if you want to look at my food diary and think you can help.
    Be honest with yourself and ask these questions? Have you been consistent week in and week out? Are your workouts full effort?
    If not, then that where the issue is.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • notdancinganymore
    notdancinganymore Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My usual workout is elliptical or running. And yes I give it my all. I am sweating and sometimes even shaking! I have not cut all processed foods out. But the truth is I don't want to only eat fruits and veggies. I am not going to fast food places. My process foods consist of maybe a serving of cheese, or a bagel in a day. My meats are home cooked, never battered or fried. I cook or steam my own veggies. (some how I feel more like I need to defend myself. I am not perfect. But I feel there should be some balance between working out, restricting food and calories and living! I am a mother and a wife. I need to live a life too!)
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    Can I ask how you are figuring out your calories burned? What kind of HRM?
  • notdancinganymore
    Options
    timex chest strap one.
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out all processed things either and I have lost 5 lbs total since January 1st. So it can be done. I still go out once in a while and make healthier dining choices when possible. It's all about moderation for me.

How much are you looking to lose because the less weight to lose the harder it can be (my problem)?
    Also, I would suggest adding in strength training to you cardio routine. Strength training might not show a scale change but it transforms the way the body looks so you can build muscle and lower the body fat%.

I guess my opinion would be to eat a little more - your body might need more fuel. I didn't lose any weight at 1200 calories so I increased to 1500 calories and saw weight loss. My BMR is 1371 so I wanted to eat at least that.
  • notdancinganymore
    Options
    I am hoping to lose 30 lbs about. I am also 36 years old. I do think hormones related to age have a basis in weight and weight loss. When I was 20 I lost weight easily...
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    (some how I feel more like I need to defend myself. I am not perfect. But I feel there should be some balance between working out, restricting food and calories and living! I am a mother and a wife. I need to live a life too!)
    No need to defend yourself. No one is accusing you of anything. We were only trying to help pinpoint the issue of why you aren't losing. You can eat whatever you want. Different bodies react to certain things differently. Some people get results by cutting out processed foods because of all the sodium. Some people do great on low carb.

If what you are doing right now isn't working, then you have to change something. That change is up to you. You could change your workout and add in more weights. You can try low carb for two weeks. Whatever.
  • notdancinganymore
    Options
    you are right I guess I should be ready to take advice if I ask for it. Guess I am just tired and not ready.