Wedding Day approaching

Options
Hello-
I joined a while ago but this is the first time I am using it. Looks like a great resource!

I am getting married in a little over 5 months and I would really like to lose 20-25 pounds. I just want to be able to go on my honeymoon and feel good about myself.

I recently bought a row machine for my house and have been using that for 20 min/day, burning around 200 calories each time.

Now I need to watch what I eat.

Wish me luck!

Replies

• Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    Options
    good luck! And it will be easy with all the positive support you'll get from MFP! Feel free to add me- always looking for more motivation!
  • fiestyitalian
    Options
    Good Luck to you! I too, am getting married next Friday. I had a goal set of losing 10 pounds by my wedding day and I'm "almost" there.

Congratulations to you!!!
  • teenytinii
    teenytinii Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)

Im pretty new here too and just started adding friends which I've found has really given me the motivation I need. I am also getting married in about five months! I'm going to add you now :)
  • cait7lin
    cait7lin Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!
  • Sal4kids00
    Sal4kids00 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When is your wedding? Mine is coming up in June :) Congrats!
  • maggieguzmanbarreira
    Options
    First of all congratulations!!!! I am getting married in October and my first dress fitting is in June, I would like to lose 20-30lbs by june but I would be thrilled to lose them by October as well. It's not an easy road but it is definately an attainable goal. Make sure you re eating right and ask as many questions as your heart desires...... we are all here for you!
  • Bride2B1103
    Bride2B1103 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats girls!! I am getting married November 3rd and can't wait to get back to my old weight so that I can feel my absolute best, and to be honest, like myself again. I have put on about 20ish pounds and it's hard to recognize myself sometimes! Feel free to add me as a friend. I would love a MFP support system and even just chat about wedding ideas! :)
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    wishing you lots of luck!! I am in the same boat... I am getting married in October... my GOAL is to lose 50 lbs but I will be happy dropping 20-25 by then :D

feel free to add me!!! Just keep focused! you can do this!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    congrats and good luck!!

rowers rock! I did a row classes for a month every morning at 6am -- def. do interval rowing 45 second sprints, 15 seconds easy row, and you can row and do some light balance weight lifting in between :)
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Wishing you lots of luck!!! I am getting married June 9 and am still trying to get some weight off as quickly as possible, so I understand! You can do it.... :happy:
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hello-
    I joined a while ago but this is the first time I am using it. Looks like a great resource!

I am getting married in a little over 5 months and I would really like to lose 20-25 pounds. I just want to be able to go on my honeymoon and feel good about myself.

I recently bought a row machine for my house and have been using that for 20 min/day, burning around 200 calories each time.

Now I need to watch what I eat.

Wish me luck!

Wow how exciting! IMO 5 months is more than enough time to shed 25lbs, I'm almost at 20 in less than two months!

Use the food tracker it is an amazing resource, track EVERYTHING and be honest!!

Soon it wont feel like a diet and will feel more like a new lifestyle! I'm loving it so far!
  • Jordynnsmom
    Jordynnsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congratulations! I know you can do it!
    I am getting married(vow renewal) in August and I had an account for a long time also, but didn't use it until January when I went into panic mode realizing I only had 8 months before the big day and 50 lbs to lose!!! I have been watching my calories and excercising and I am down 30 lbs since January.
    Here are a couple tips: Don't eat too few calories. I know sounds crazy, but when I did 1200 cals per day I didn't really lose much. When I raised it to just over 1400 and added a cheat day the weight started falling off.
    Do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. You will lose inches and tone, tone, tone! You will also start feeling amazing after you get past the first level.
    GOOD LUCK!!!
  • Sarahsarahsarahk
    Sarahsarahsarahk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I am getting married in a little under a year, and I started using MFP in January. Since then, i have lost 17 lbs and have 9 more to go until reaching my goal! It is a great resource. I am sure you will reach your goal by just tracking your food and exercise! :)
  • KristaPetraitis
    KristaPetraitis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I just got married September 24, 2011 and managed to lose 10 pounds before the big day. Looking back on all the pictures, I'm so glad I did!
  • wspy
    wspy Posts: 1
    Options
    Good Luck! Stay positive and remember you are beautiful inside and out!
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me! I am getting married in 6 weeks and get the weekend away from my 2 year old son for the first time since he was born. :) I am hoping to lose 12 more pounds before my wedding day arrives. Good luck!!!
  • timslove01
    Options
    Good Luck and congratulations on your coming marriage !!! Drink your water ...it makes a difference
  • karlakk
    karlakk Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My wedding coming up in July, losing the best I can until then :) I'm mid 150 now, would like to be at least in the 140"s by wedding. Feel free to add me :happy: