What are your average NET calories?

Options
For those who are close to goal and consistently losing...just wondering :tongue:

Replies

• Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    usually around 1400
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My average net calories are between 600 and 900. I workout almost everyday and average 700 - 800 in burned calories and it can be hard to eat all of them back.

I am currently losing about 2lbs a week.
  • Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I try really hard to net between 1200 - 1400. Sometimes it's hard to eat back all my workout calories. It's a LOT of food when you are eating pretty clean!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Since October 24, I have been netting an average of 1505 calories. (I keep track in an excel spreadsheet, because MFP's reporting sucks :) )
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Generally around 1600 to 1800 :-)
  • 3audkids
    3audkids Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I try to stay between 1400-1600, depending on the workout that day.
  • bjfets14
    bjfets14 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am new at this, so I have a question...when i plugged in my settings it gave me a 1200 calorie mark. When I plug in my excercise I see where it adds calories onto that 1200 goal but I didn't realize I was then suppossed to eat those calories lost during the workout? I am a bit confused! I had a bad 2nd week and I tracked everything, so now I am thinking that I did not eat enough calories? Advice?-
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    ^ you are indeed supposed to eat your exercise calories back! There is a whole wealth of info in the forums about this, I understand it but I'm not sure I'd be best to explain...anyone else out there wish to share?

I'm averaging around 1300...thinking that might be a little to low?

Is there any 'science' or whatever to say that your NET calories should equal your BMR as I've read many times previously?
  • bjfets14
    bjfets14 Posts: 2
    Options
    Very interesting! I will search through the post and try to educate myself!
    Thanks for the reply!
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I've read a lot about this and I suppose it varies from person to person, but if you are having trouble losing weight you might want to up your calories. I'll message you the links that were sent to me to figure out how much I should eat. I'm in the process of slowly raising my net to the 1400s