Kinect Fitness!

Options
Vi0l33t
Vi0l33t Posts: 117 Member
Anyone else out there use their Kinect, or Wii to make a difference in their day?
I love mine and want to hear from the rest of you using Technology to improve your lives!

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Yep, another lover of Kinect here.

I have The Biggest Loser and Your Shape: Fitness Evolved, but also love playing Disneyland Adventures for a less formal 'workout'.

I want the Pixar Rush game, too.
  • summerlancaster
    Options
    I use my Wii. I really, really like the rythmic boxing. It's a good stressreliever for me! I've lost 50lbs, but have 60-80 yet to go.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hell yes. I love my Zumba on the Xbox 360! Trying to get Zumba Rush soon, so still crankin' with the older game. Plus the Kenetic tends to respond to body movements waaaaay better then the Wii.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Your Shape Evolved 2012 kicks my @$$.

I am too scared to do much of the Boot Camp mission though. That guy screaming at me, "RUN LIKE I'M CHASING YOU!" gave me daymares.
  • androde
    androde Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    yep have both, use just dance and JD2, and zumba on wii and boxing on the xbox, thinking about getting zumba rush on kinect and zumba 2 on wii, also like wii sports resort, the sword play and cycling are most used
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My kids have a kinect. I've been wondering whether the fitness games were any good. I'm a little hesitant about shelling out the money for something I don't know whether or not I'll use. So, i'll be following this post closely :happy:
  • Mawkish1983
    Mawkish1983 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I use Dance Central and Your Shape: Fitness Evolved. The cardio-boxing for Your Shape is particularly good.
  • flowersgalore76
    Options
    Yes I love, love my WII I have Dance 2 and 3 and Zumba 2 just love it have Jillian Michaels. camp and that is good too. I have the sports too.

Good luck with yours

flowers galore76
  • nora110
    nora110 Posts: 24
    Options
    I use "your shape fitness evolved 2012" for xbox for the majority of my exercising. It's a great option for me because I do it at 5:30am! I do a lot of different routines, and I especially like the shape and burn ones that are similar to interval training.
    I also really like the boxing routines, but I dont care for the boot camp. It annoys me.
    I am recovering from an injury, so using some of the routines with light weights is a great alternative for me.
  • Vi0l33t
    Options
    it's the trainer Chick that kills me. So bloody rude. My kids told me she's mean!
  • Vi0l33t
    Options
    Mawkish, I have both of those games! Dance central kicks my butt!
  • Mawkish1983
    Mawkish1983 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, it's the music in Dance Central I cannot stand (that and the fact that I have absolutely no co-ordination)... but it does a lovely job of tracking how many calories I am burning. Going through all three full routines of cardio-boxing on Your Shape takes about half an hour: I did that every morning for a month and really saw the benefit (then I got bored of it and by seven months later I'd put on another 11kg (24lbs)).

Any suggestions to get rid of the boredom?