gained 1kg this last 4 days, why?

Options
Hey guys, i have been keeping my kcals to a mininum, arround 2170kcals per day.
The problem was this last 4 days i was on a mini vacations and i walked a lot , swam a lot, and did a lot of activities.
I also ate a bit more than 2170kcal a day, i would estimate about 2500 to 2800kcal a day (i think that was about the normal kcal consumtion) i did that because A) i was on a vacation and B) i was doing a lot of exercise, climbing big paths in a mountian, swiming a bit in the swiming pool, and doing other activies so much that i am still a bit sore.
When i got home i weighed myself and found out that i gained 1kg !!! how is that possible?
Cheers

Replies

• 4mykids
    4mykids Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Without knowing what you ate... my first guess would be sodium intake. Maybe you just need a few days of water flushing to work it out. Just a guess.
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    I am going to agree with 4mykids. more than likely it is water gain. If you ate out alot then the resturants have a higher sodium content in the foods that are prepared for you than your t.v dinners ect.. It should take about a week for all of the water weight to come off.
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    i see...
    i am going to hope so :) i almost saw the 134.9kg mark when yesterday i was abuot 136kg :(
  • Sarah_LM
    Sarah_LM Posts: 96
    Options
    how does sodium cause you to gain weight? I don't understand, can anyone explain this to me? thanks!
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sodium makes you retain water, so it's easier weight to take back off if you can keep your sodium intake within reasonable parameters and drink lots of water to help flush it out.