The quote that keeps me going...

Options
I know this is based on running...which I used to do frequently before a foot injury. But this quote is one I live by and whenever I want to quit I remeber this:

"Winning has nothing to do with racing. Most days don't have races anyway. Winning is about the struggle and effort and optimism and never, ever, ever giving up!"

Remember, we are all winning!!!!

Replies

• LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    AMEN SISTA! I like that... I will remember it too, when struggling... which is most days ;) THANKS xox
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i don't know if it keeps me going, but it really helped me in the beginning with my food intake...... "If You Fail to Plan, You Plan to Fail"....... This applies to making sure you have healthy food options in the house, so you do not end up eating garbage because it's the only option.
  • citydwellers
    Options
    I know this is based on running...which I used to do frequently before a foot injury. But this quote is one I live by and whenever I want to quit I remeber this:

"Winning has nothing to do with racing. Most days don't have races anyway. Winning is about the struggle and effort and optimism and never, ever, ever giving up!"

Remember, we are all winning!!!!

Isn't that true! Love this quote!!
  • anna0306
    anna0306 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love this! That will really help me :)

P.S. I hate that Charlie Sheen ruined the word "winning" for me.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Love it!!
  • jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Options
    Love this :)
  • Gabz82
    Gabz82 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for the quotes, that was great!
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options

P.S. I hate that Charlie Sheen ruined the word "winning" for me.
    hahahaha! true!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    In response to a post about "how to get started" running, or something like this:

"Seriously, the best training is going out and putting one foot in front of the other."

I friended that person, I only wish I could remember who it was, because it has pulled me, a non-runner, off the couch more times than I can count.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    My tattoos on my ankles

"I shall overcome"
  • jumpinjose
    Options
    Life is not a race- Its a journy- and every journey must start with a single step. Enjoy it while it lasts!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't CHALLENGE you it won't CHANGE you.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I will be the man that can run faster than you so *you* are the one eaten by a bear!
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't CHALLENGE you it won't CHANGE you.
    Oh, I love that one, too! Thanks for the motivational quotes. I used this one on my daughters all the time:

"Can't" died when"Can" came along. They hated it so much growing up - but they use it on their own kids now.

:wink:
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options
    "Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it." -Margaret Thatcher