Easy Snack/Meal Ideas for College Student?

Options
Hi Everyone!
I am in college and I do not have a stove. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for easy and healthy snack or meal ideas. It would be really helpful for me because my roommates are not so healthy when it comes to their food, so I am trying to stock up on easy recipes that I can enjoy and feel good about. Any thoughts or ideas would be fabulous and very helpful for me. Thanks! :)

Replies

• DottyLove
    Options
    Celery is one! It has nothing in it.... I mean, ha ha, it burns more calories to chew and eat than it has. XD
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Quick snacks:
    baby carrots
    cherry tomatoes
    celery
    cucumber
    apple
    orange
    clementines
    pears
    (ie, fruits and veggies - other things would be mini rice cakes, nori strips, tuna on crackers, big rice cakes, roasted chickpeas)

Meals: (use a toaster oven for these or a microwave for the last two - toaster ovens are less than $50 at walmart if you don't have one)
    baked chicken with pasta and veggies
    baked fish with couscous and a salad
    roasted eggplant with cheese and tomato sauce
    mini-pizzas made with english muffin, cheese, sauce, toppings

there are a ton of other similar posts too if you search
  • Raypowell
    Raypowell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes, wash grapes in cold water but leave damp. Roll them in a little powdered sugar , place apart on a plastic plate and place in freezer. These are great in the summer,
  • emboch
    emboch Posts: 60
    Options
    thanks for all the input everyone! SO HEPFUL! :)
  • evanscent1974
    Options
    If you have a blender this is SO perfect!!
    Frozen strawberries (find them in the freezer department of any grocery store)
    Lemon Juice
    Splenda

Place 5 - 6 frozen strawberries in blender
    Add a few squirts of lemon juice
    Two packets of splenda
    add 1/2 cup of water

Mix all together in your blender

and put in container..
    Either eat it now or store it in a container in your feezer and enjoy when your ready...
  • Balance27
    Balance27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I loooove rice with sugar snap peas. You can get the kind of rice to cook in the microwave and the frozen snow peas that steam in the microwave. Add precooked chicken for some protein.
  • Balance27
    Balance27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Small sweet peppers dipped in hoummus is delicious (lots of vitamin c too).
  • Pattik123
    Pattik123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    APPLES! 3 apples a day equal your required daily fiber count.... Fiber fills you up so.. at least 1 one a day will help fill you while your running from class to class... good luck!
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I commute to school so I often have to pack a lunch with me so my default is often yogurt with nuts and berries.

Apples, pears, bananas, oranges and any other fruit makes a good snack.

Vegetables and hummus, pita and hummus

I've also started exploring protein and snack bars to eat after class before the gym when I don't feel like eating a full meal and having that in my stomach as I workout. I like the Luna and cliff mojo bars so far.
  • bearxfoo
    bearxfoo Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Fruit and veggies! Raw is delicious.

If you have a refrigerator, yogurt is good. Peanut butter is also good. I enjoy bread but for some it's too much carbs. If you have a blender, making smoothies is awesome too! I'm on a smoothie kick, I think it's great.
  • Rachelaber
    Options
    almonds and craisins. favorite snack.
  • mamaparks87
    mamaparks87 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you have a fridge then I suggest getting a crockpot. There are a ton of things you can make in it and freeze because the portions are large.