So hard to find ppl trying to GAIN or compete!!! ANYBODY.??

Options
WJMont
WJMont Posts: 41 Member
I love MFP because it allows me to accurately and easily track my macronutrients and calorie intake. But I feel so alone on this thing because I see and read ppl motivating each other and building a community of support and I can't find anybody who is on here to gain weight/muscle and put on mass. Either for a competition off season or just for personal muscle growth....... WHERE IS EVERYBODY?!?! Is this strictly for ppl trying to lose fat???

Replies

• Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    ...just started my bulk...hoping to put on at least 10 more pounds before I cut.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Bumping for you, I think there are some on my friends list that are... good luck!!
  • Hawksbillus
    Hawksbillus Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose fat and gain muscle. I've just started with strength training and am in week 3 of a 10 week body weight training program (From the book You Are Your Own Gym). At some point I'll switch to using more free weights, but I'm starting with body weight exercises. I'm also just starting to learn to eat properly for muscle gain with lots of protein, good fats and complex carbs.

Feel free to add me.

-jd
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I want to do my first fitness competition in 2013.
    As soon as my shoulder heals (stupidity induced dislocation) I'll be hitting the weights for big gains...
    Also training for a tough mudder and a double century ride this year... may be crazy but at least I'm FUN!! :bigsmile:

Feel free to add me!
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm forever recomping, lol. :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if you will find many bulker right now....we are all in a cut cycle to be sexy for summer LOL
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    <--- Bulking, but taking a break from food tracking. Cut starts in May.
  • DispleaseSocrates
    DispleaseSocrates Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am! We're out here. Everyone is trying to improve. :)
    I am thin but always in need of more muscles to improve my strength!
    Personally, I am hoping to compete in one of my first marathons since it's something on my bucket list - despite exercise-induced asthma! - and rather do it now than never. However, I never have done it before, so this site is handy in seeing what methods others use to stay fit and improve themselves.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Me - kind of!

I'm not directly looking to gain, I am more interested in sports performance, but in doing that, I tend to be gaining, as it coincides with gaining strength.
  • rpguru
    rpguru Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am currently on a slow bulk, have gained about 7 and looking for about 20 more by years end; I will miss summer:(. BF% is holding steady at 12 still. I would recommend the bodybuilding.com forums for a community more geared towards this topic however.

I agree by the way, mfp has saved me as far as tracking macros and cals are concerned. Friend request sent.
  • WJMont
    Options
    Finally! Lol Feels great to see and meet thers out there! I was getting lonely on here. Trying to get in 3000+ cals @ 40/40/20, monitor sodium and potassium ratios, time meals, balance cardio with calorie intake and being an ectomorph.... Gets exhausting! Thank you for all your responses! Motivation just skyrocketed!
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I am trying to gain muscle.. not for competition, well maybe some day, but currently just for personal satisfaction.. add me if you would like :-)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I was! (bulking from last July-Dec)

I'm cutting at the moment though as the summer's approaching. Will be doing another bulk probably around September :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I'm currently bulking, no plans to compete though.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I'm currently trying to build mass. Not sure if successfully but I'm trying.
  • WJMont
    Options
    I'm missing the summer too. Taking all of 2012 to gain and grow. Work on symetry, Bring up my legs and a hamstring after an ACL surgery. Would like to see 190 by dec. with 9-12%BF.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, im torn about whether to cut or bulk at the end of April. Head says cut for summer, heart says bulk for STRENGTH
  • WJMont
    Options
    Bulk smart and you'll still look great for summer without sacrificing hard earned gains!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, im torn about whether to cut or bulk at the end of April. Head says cut for summer, heart says bulk for STRENGTH

Let the mirror decide, IMO.