Fat dad needs a change!

Options
Hello, my name is John. I'm 28, married, and have an 8 year old son. I am 361.8 LBs as of this morning.

I want SO bad to be able to go out and run around with my son. I fear that if I dont get my act together he will end up like me when he grows up... Also, I'd like to live long enough to see my grandchildren graduate college!

Replies

• rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    Seeing your kids grow up, graduate college, get married, have your grandchildren, and see those grandchildren grow up and do the same is a great long term goal. NOW break it down into more manageable chunks, set weight loss goals and achieve them. You can do it. The key is to start eating cleaner and exercising. Start off slowly and build momentum weekly and before you know it you have filled your daily diet with healthy choices and there will be no room for unhealthy choices.

My oldest daughter is graduating college this May and my mother and father are alive to see that happen so I have a perfect picture of what you said.
  • y00py
    y00py Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi John,

I know how you feel. I'm Jeremy, 40 and married with an 18 y/o. I'm doing all I can to loose this weight. I hate being fat. My wife needs a husband instead of a patient. Mentally I feel like I'm 17 but my body feels like I'm 100. I have to rest going up the stairs because I'm so tired. I'm with ya bro. We can do this.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I also decided to loose weight for my family. I wanted to set a better example and be healthier for the future. Congrats for making the decision. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Definitely worry about tomorrow. Don't concentrate on next year, it will get here before you know it. I am also a fan of short term goals. All of those one-day-at-a-times will add up and before you know it, your in 36's and wearing a large shirt. Just be consistent and do give up. Doing a little consistently is better than doing alot sporadically so just keep at what ever you choose to do , and good luck!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I have two daughters as well and its not that I plan on beating up any boyfriends or anything but a little physical intimidation might go a long way to making sure the girls get the respect they deserve. :glasses: LOL
  • chrissysilk
    chrissysilk Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    good luck I know how you feel. You wil do this. Just dont give up and keep your eye on your goal